Saturday, October 27, 2018

Another Loopy ???

I have been requested to make a handful of carpet beaters for someone.  I'm really excited if I can pull it off. :)  When I went to go look at the supply bag I keep to hold extra stuff from making implements, I found this twisty cord that I'd braided and meant to turn into a loopy some months ago... and somehow never finished it.  Because it's twisted with a twisted ridge running down it, the braid amazingly kept it's shape without unravelling.  So I put a handle on it.  The rope is actually a skipping rope, so I just used the skipping rope handle to make the loopy handle. :)

First of all, why, why do I make implements?  Don't worry, I ask myself this too. :P  Well, I love them, I love seeing if I can do it because I like the challenge of crafting things, and I like us having an array of implements to choose from.  We have a tight budget, and as much as I want some of the fancier ones, we can't afford it.  Well, as always, the Duke felt he had to test this little baby out.  It's about 13 inches or so.

It's super stingy.  Eek.  I keep hoping to find a less severe implement to make, but this is almost as bad as that dreaded carpet beater, which I had made thinking it would be better than the original loopy, lol.  I thought with this braid, it would be less stingy and more thuddy.  Well, in a way it is, but it also stings more than just the regular carpet beater as well.  Augh.  Thank goodness it is quiet though.  I almost wasn't.  lol  And thank goodness I'm learning to keep my position, because I literally had to force myself to stay in place while he gave this baby a try out.

So, this is the conversation the Duke and I had following testing this implement out.

Duke: This may be my favourite now.
EsMay: Even more than the carpet beater?  (Seriously ladies, I need a friggin' gag!  I way too often speak without thinking.)
Duke: I'm not sure.  We'll have to try them both out together for me to see.
EsMay: That day is never going to come.
Duke: We'll see.  (He says with a smile.  Stinker. lol)

I'm not sure how I feel about that.  Excited?  Scared?  Definitely I feel happy with the attention.  He's not had time for me almost all week, and I was missing him.  This makes me feel better.  I asked if we should be thinking of a mid week maintenance to help us keep our roles.  He's going to think about it. :)

Here is a close up of the braid.  I think it's pretty. :)

And here it is beside our old loopy if you've never seen it so that you know what I mean above by them being different.  The old one is made out of nylon covered clothesline wire.


9 comments:

  1. Hi EsMay,

    They do look pretty but geez, maybe you need to stop making ouchy implements LoL.

    Oh boy I hope the Duke doesn't try the loopy and catpet beater together!

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably do. :) They are just so fun to make. Augh, a woman should not be into DD and have a crafting side. LOL Might see about working on some that would be the quality to sell, and then I could keep crafting, and not pay for it. lol
      Hugs, EsMay

      Delete
  2. Lol Esmay! You are creating your own doom! Ouchie!

    Really excited to hear about this opportunity for creating implements! I love that you managed to merge 2 things together that you love, crafting and creating new implements!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, quite certainly my own doom, or eventual demise. I can't seem to stop making them, yet I never want to meet them on the receiving end. :( I don't know why I have this fascination. My bottom will soon stop talking to me. Not that it does, that would be talking out of my.... and who wants that? LOL
      EsMay

      Delete
  3. I don't know what to think about these loopies. We don't have one. All I ever hear about them is that they are awful, yet quiet (and therefore, potentially handy). The one you made is pretty, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I love ours, and hate them. I hate them, to be honest, but if it's that, or nothing when we have to be quiet, I'll take it any day. :) Thank you, I think it's pretty too. :)
      EsMay

      Delete
  4. Wow EsMay!:) You are clever! Maybe you need to knit or crochet, or even weave or something! Those are not good for one's bottom, I am guessing!

    It's cool that you have an order. The loopies look super, if you like that kind of spanky business! Unfortunately for you, and fortunately for me, I won't be doing the same! Eeeeeek! LOL! Be very good!

    Many hugs,

    ❤️Katie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Would it help to learn I am an avid knitter, and there probably isn't a knitting project on earth I can't knit? Crocheting, I know quite a bit about it too, but not enough to do lace work. :)

      I am excited to see if I can do all the colours. If they like them, I may see about selling some on etsy. :) And I promise to be very good, no need to give the Duke any ideas. ;)

      Hugs, EsMay

      Delete
  5. Maybe you could sell your implements on Etsy?

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave any comments, but I do ask you to be kind. We go into this with eyes wide open after months of prayer, and a peace in our hearts that this is the right choice before God for our marriage. I am open to questions from those who wonder why we made this choice, but I would ask for no personal attacks. Thank you. :)

Troll comments and spam will be deleted.