Tuesday, October 23, 2018

My Offer For Your DD Blogs

I get scared putting myself out there to help people... so this has been something I've wanted to offer for a while, but get too nervous to.  I've been working on my blog, especially the header, updating it with the implements we have, and getting rid of the ones we no longer do.  I ... wanted to offer... that if anyone wanted a specific graphic, or header, or background made for their blog, I could try if it's something I think I could do, as a gift from me to you, to help you personalize your blog.  Here is some of my work in pictures, and ones in implements, to give you an idea of what I can do, and to understand the limitations I have as well.  :)  If you wanted any of the implements, feel free, or I could make up different ones.  These are all in larger size for the originals except the loopy, forgot to save the original.  Doh.  lol


Sorry, put a watermark over the pictures below, I doubt anyone would steal them, but I made these for other projects for people, and wanted to make sure they didn't get copied and shared for free on some clipart site.  The images are all still mine to use, so if you like one, I can share it with you (no watermark, lol) for your blog, but it will also give you an idea of what I can make if you wanted something specific.  I also created my background and header, but the silhouette was super hard for me, so I probably wouldn't do another one of those. lol  These also are much smaller than the originals.

Anyway... I hope it wasn't stupid and ridiculous to offer.  And no worries if no one would like help, but just wanted to offer. :)  If it was something you were interested in for your blog, this would be a free gift from me to you as a fellow blogger.

10 comments:

  1. I love your work, EsMay! So awesome of you to offer to share you talent with us! Do you draw these? Or do you do graphic design ? Whatever it is, it's really good! I have a question. What if I wanted to write a post but I needed a picture of something to go along with that post? Is that a possibility at some point in the future? One reason why I don't put a lot of pictures on my blog is because of the whole copyright thing... I do put credit for everything, but I think my icon might have a watermark on it because I have no idea where I got it and would want to leave the watermark on it to the artist's credit. Hugs! Windy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Windy, that is actually one of the reasons I got into graphic design, I wanted to avoid copyrights. And all the slides I do for my church, I worried about copyrights too, so I started taking my own photos, and now have a few hundred we can use. :) Most of my designs are done through graphic design. :) I kind of draw it out, and then manipulate from there. :) Yes, I could definitely do one for a blog post. I understand wanting to avoid copyright issues. I know it really isn't a worry, but I get nervous, which is probably silly. lol I've only ever used one internet picture, and that was a joke about McClintock since that is partly where The Duke got his name. :) The rest are either my photos or digital art. :) Feel free to write me, esmayslife@gmail.com if you ever want a graphic, and if I have the time, and skill, I'll definitely help you out. :)
      Hugs, EsMay

      Delete
    2. McLintock is actually in the public domain, so posting McLintock pictures is actually OK.

      Delete
    3. See, I knew I married you for a reason! ;) Thank you, Sweetie. I didn't know that. So I have no copy right worries for sure then. :) lol
      XO, Your EsMay

      Delete
  2. Thanks for explaining your artistic process, EsMay! I enjoy hearing about and seeing the artistic talents of the gals in blog land. Thanks for the invite to email when I get a writing idea where I think a picture would really add to it. Or when I get tired of looking at my current blog graphics! LOL! Keep creating and thanks again for sharing! Hugs! Windy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Windy. :) I probably didn't explain well. lol Here is a link if you want to see what I mean. It's a very quick rough draft of how I design some things. :) https://submittingtobeled.blogspot.com/2014/01/reposting-design-how-to-tip.html

      And I am glad I might be able to help. :) Hugs, EsMay

      Delete
  3. Hi EsMay,

    It is so lovely and sweet of you to offer. Wow, these are awesome, you are so talented. I don't have an artistic bone in my body and am also not good at adding headers, pics etc to my blog.

    I haven't posted for so long now, otherwise I would definitely take you up on your very kind offer!

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even if you never asked for my help, if you ever started blogging, I would love that. ;) But I understand it being for a season in life, and it not working in others. {{{HUGS}}} :) And thank you for the compliments. I have been blessed with some artistic ability, I tend to dabble in several areas but never become an expert in any. lol Well, knitting, I don't think there is a thing out there I can't knit now, but that's after over a decade of knitting all the time. lol Now, other skills, Eek, my lack of knowledge can be scary. Especially learning that when it comes to home repair. :(
      Hugs, EsMay

      Delete
  4. Such a sweet idea. You clearly have talent. I may take you up, but I would need to think about what I wanted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Princessimp. I completely understand that. I took a lot of time thinking on what I wanted for my edit 4-5 years ago, and then on what I wanted this time. :) If I can help at all, let me know. :)
      EsMay

      Delete

Please feel free to leave any comments, but I do ask you to be kind. We go into this with eyes wide open after months of prayer, and a peace in our hearts that this is the right choice before God for our marriage. I am open to questions from those who wonder why we made this choice, but I would ask for no personal attacks. Thank you. :)

Troll comments and spam will be deleted.