Thursday, October 18, 2018

A Duke One Liner

The Duke has some pretty funny one liners, and this one had me laughing a bit more than normal. :)

My back was really hurting last night and all the sudden I couldn't move, I thought I'd put it out, but it ended up being acid reflux.  I'm often battling it, a constant headache with other headaches on top, and bad allergies that leave me susceptible to illnesses.  I seem to be ill more often than healthy, and I'm always falling behind when I am, and spend my healthy time trying to catch up with the house.  I looked at him and said "I'm sorry you always get the crappy end of the deal with me as your wife."

Never one to allow me to accept blame for my health, he waggled his eye brows and said "Well, the end I use to keep you in line is the crappy end."  He then patted my rear end and smiled as he brought me up snug against his tall frame.  The Stinker. LOL

Not sure anyone else will find that funny, but I did. :)  He could have easily told me the health issues I fight aren't my fault like he usually does, but I love how this time he used humour to diffuse my moment of self pity. :)

11 comments:

  1. LoL EsMay, that's a good one. Glad the Duke used humour.

    I hate that you are constantly dealing with illness. That has to be so hard and I reckon you can be forgiven for moments of self pity :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Roz. Thankfully he tends to think the same thing, so it's rarely an issue. Now, if I talk bad about myself as a person or put down how I look, EEK! :)
      Hugs, EsMay

      Delete
  2. I tell J that too- I have thyroid and celiac and all the vitamin deficiencies that I have to take supplements for. I'm sorry you're feeling sick.
    I love when they use humor and glad he was able to lift you up that way.
    Hope you're feeling better soon.
    Hugs,
    Jlynne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jlynne, that must be very hard too. You'll have to tell J what the DUke said so he can keep the joke on reserve. ;) And thank you, had a long night, but the gas released over time and I can move much freer today. :)
      Hugs, EsMay

      Delete
  3. Well, that was laugh outloud funny! I am glad he used humour for you!

    I am sorry that you deal with chronic issues though. Nothing worse I think!

    Boo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HEHEHEH Glad you liked, Boo. :) I found it so too. :) Chronic issues are hard, but thankfully the Duke understands and never blames me. Even in times when our marriage wasn't good, he never once blamed me. I am so thankful for that. :)
      EsMay

      Delete
  4. Hey, EsMay,
    Very cute post!
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Baker. He was cute doing it. ;)
      EsMay

      Delete
  5. You certainly have more than your share of life to contend with, EsMay ... a little humour goes a long way ... happy for you that your man can give you those lighter humourous moments along with spanky rear end reminders ;) ... hugs ... nj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, NoraJean. I guess in some ways I do, but I also am very blessed, and try to keep my focus there so I don't get too down. :) hehehe, yes, he is getting VERY GOOD at those spanky rear end reminders again. LOL
      Hugs, EsMay

      Delete
  6. It was a good one! Put a smile on my face to read it, at least!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave any comments, but I do ask you to be kind. We go into this with eyes wide open after months of prayer, and a peace in our hearts that this is the right choice before God for our marriage. I am open to questions from those who wonder why we made this choice, but I would ask for no personal attacks. Thank you. :)

Troll comments and spam will be deleted.