Friday, February 21, 2014

Spankso Question

First of all, you people in blogland, are AMAZING.  The comments to my post yesterday when I was so upset, the emails, the love and hugs you all sent, THANK YOU!  And I just loved how everyone supported Jan too, just shows what a great place this is. :)

So the other day I called myself a Spankso, and got some questions here and there about it.  Spankso is not a real term, just one I made up for myself.

In all actuality, it's all Tess' fault that I came up with the term.  So feel free to blame her, I do. ;)  {just kidding, Tess. ;)}  Here is the original post I did to it, and it links to her blog post there that started the whole thing. ;)  http://submittingtobeled.blogspot.ca/2013/05/im-spankso.html

To those that were around for the first post I did on this, sorry for the repeat on some ideas here.

So basically, this is why.

I'm not a spanko.  If this term is new to you, basically, from what I understand, it is someone that really likes being spanked.  Rarely will I ask the Duke for a spanking.  A few times I have in a playful way, a few times in a need to get my head on straight kind of way, but that's only been a few times.  I don't get all excited or happy knowing a spanking will be happy generally.

Yet, I'm not a spankno.  If this term is new to you, basically, from what I understand, it is someone that really dislikes being spanked.  Now, I don't like being spanked on the whole, but I don't hate it either.  It plays a real role in my marriage, and without it, DD would not be as effective for us.  It isn't our whole world, but still plays an important part.

So I'm somewhere in the middle.  I can't be a spanko and be honest with where I am in all this.  I can't be a spankno because I need this lifestyle too much.  So where did that leave me?

I realized, I am spanked so that I can get stress relief, spanked so that I can get rid of guilt, spanked so I remember who is in charge, spanked so I can make right wrongs I have done, and the list just goes on and on.  Basically, my quote is, "Spanked So My Marriage Works."

So, I started calling myself a Spankso.  :)  So there you have it.  I'm not really a spanko, not really a spankno, I'm a spankso.  I decided a few months ago I was proud of being one, so I made that silly paddle you see to the right of the blog.  It's who I am. 

I'm spanked so my marriage works.  That's it in a nutshell. :)

Hopefully that makes sense to anyone that asked me about it.  And yes, calling myself this probably shows how much of a geek/nerd I really am.  Oh well, you were going to find out at some point anyway. ;)

Have a great weekend everyone.  And again, thank you for your support last night and today, it just, meant so much to me.

PS, the Duke saw this post, and came at me with Blondie's pocket paddle, laughing and said, "We'll make sure you're a spankno after tonight."  STINKER!

14 comments:

  1. Hey whatever you call it, if it is working for you both that is the only thing that counts. Funny I never gave it much thought until you explained it here. Your too funny girl. Good luck with the pending paddle tonight.... yikes !!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Catherine, I lived through it, and another one since... we might break for tonight. Whew! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Es May, I remember your original post and Spankso. I love the term and think it is perfect! Ooh, I hope the Duke didn't turn you into a spankno!

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, thanks, Roz. :) And nope, not a spankno yet, but we'll see after the end of the week. LOL {{{hugs}}} EsMay

      Delete
  3. Thanks for clarifying. I'm learning a whole new vocabulary these days. It sounds like it works for you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Leah, well I don't know if spankso counts as part of the vocabulary, I think I'm the only person that calls themselves one. lol

      Delete
  4. Sorry I missed your post about the spanking gone wrong. I just went back and read it. I think most of us have had one of those times where it just went awful. We learn from what happened and hopefully move past it. I know I will never forget my own spanking gone wrong and I hope seriously never to be there again!

    As for the spankso, love it. :) I might be a spankso too or something else? I LOVE spanking sometimes so sometimes I am a spankO but other times I don't want one AT ALL so then I am a spankNO but the rest of the time??? lol

    Anyway, hope you and the Duke are both back where you need to be.

    love
    sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, well at that point Sara, I think we just need to start looking at the possibility of multiple personalities. ;) hehehe

      Delete
  5. Hi EsMay,
    I love this post! I think many of us are spanksos :-) Your definition also describes me, but sometimes I love it (rarely!) Sometimes I need it, and sometimes I hate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I would have to admit that I am much the same way. Sometimes I like, sometimes I really don't like, but mostly I am in the middle. :)

      Delete
  6. Hee hee hee see all the trouble we started?! It really is a great term you coined there Es May:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life gets boring if we behave too much, so we have to stir things up from time to time. ;) ;)

      Delete
  7. LOL Es May...now I understand! I've always called myself a spankno because I didn't enjoy getting spanked but I did understand the necessity at times...guess that makes me a spankso also. Of course, some of what I've read since being in blogland has lead me to wonder if I have spanko leanings! LOL :)

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, there are things in me that are part spanko and part spankno as well. :) But on the whole, I'm really not either. So you might be a spankso as well. ;) LOL In my books anyway. Hopefully someone can come up with a better term for those of us in the middle. ;)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave any comments, but I do ask you to be kind. We go into this with eyes wide open after months of prayer, and a peace in our hearts that this is the right choice before God for our marriage. I am open to questions from those who wonder why we made this choice, but I would ask for no personal attacks. Thank you. :)

Troll comments and spam will be deleted.