Saturday, February 01, 2014

Happy HoH Day!

I have felt so good doing things for the Duke so far, and still have a few things left. :)  And he is liking today so far too. :)  If you want to participate, here are some ideas. :)

I'm going to steal a few minutes right now to write my letter to the Duke.

Dear Duke,

I love you.  And that has a deeper meaning for me now than it ever has before.  I always worried that with my past, I would never full be able to feel love, nor feel loved.  You have proved to me that both were possible.  The amount I love you amazes me, the amount I feel your love in return, overwhelms me, and literally makes my heart smile.  Thank you!

One way you make me feel loved, is your intense need now to know how I'm doing.  You don't just assume I'm okay.  You check with me several times a day to make sure I'm okay.  That makes me feel special and important.  It makes me realize that how I am really matters to you, and that if I'm not okay, you're going to do all you can to make sure I end up being okay.

Another way you make me feel loved is how much time you like to spend with me now.  I dont' know if it's because we have more fun together, or I'm in a less dark place and I'm funner to be around, or what, but I love that you like spending time with me again.  And because of that, I have more fun in general, I feel confident with you behind me, and knowing that, I can let go, and just relax.  I laugh more, I smile more, and I feel more happy.  It wasn't your job to make me happy, I have to own that, yet, somehow, you still found a way to do so.  Thank you.

And the last reason I'll share here today is your ownership.  You take your role as my leader and protector very seriously.  I feel so safe when you hold me close, when you lead me through a store, when you sit with me when I am afraid.  And even more so, you protect me from myself.  When I am upset, you tell me to calm down so I won't do or think things I'll regret later.  When I am depressed and want to crawl into my little shell and just wallow there, you demand that I talk to you.  When I am unwell, you tell me I am to sit down and relax and let you help me, and you tell me in a way that brokes no argument.  I just, feel like I am held accountable to you, and that means a lot to me.

Duke, I just, I didn't know I could be this special to someone.  Thinking of it brings tears to my eyes, I'm so overwhelmed, in a good way.  Thank you for seeing the good in me when I was unable to, and then making me believe it as well.  I will never stop being thankful for you.  {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}  I love you so much.


This award is for you, for all that you do, all that I know about, and all that I don't.  Thank you for being such a GREAT HOH to me. :)

Love, Your Sweetie.

16 comments:

  1. Thank you so much EsMay. I have been trying to make you feel loved and special more. I really appreciate you doing this for me today, and making it something other couples can take part in. I am excited to see what the rest of today brings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that you liked it, Sweetie. :) And am glad that you liked everything I had planned. You are so special to me, never forget that. :) {{{hugs}}}

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you're having such a great day! I love that he checks in with you during the day to make sure you're okay. I'm sure that does make you feel special. I hope the rest of the night is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Leah, it really does. :) And the rest of the night was good. I ended up getting very tired and sick, but he didn't mind that I didn't end up cooking for him, we got take out instead. The rest of our plans went perfect. :)

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful love letter Es May...the Duke is so lucky to have you. Hope the rest of the day goes even better than you wish! ;)

    Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cat, thank you. I really hope I am a blessing to him, he says I am, and I'm more inclined to believe him now than ever before. :)

      Delete
  4. Perfectly beautiful.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely letter EsMay, you two are great together.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Es May, just beautiful. Happy HoH Day to the Duke. I hope the rest of the day was just as wonderful and that you are having a great weekend together.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Roz, and we are having a good weekend. I got sick, am being tested for strep throat, but it was still so wonderful. :) {{{hugs}}}

      Delete
  7. Happy HoH day to the Duke and thank you for thinking up this great idea :)

    love
    sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sara, you are welcome, and I am glad that you enjoyed it. :)

      Delete
  8. That was such a beautiful letter, Es May! And thank you for the HoH day....I really loved doing stuff for my Guy and he appreciated it as well. Hope it was an all around great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cathy. :) And I am so glad that you and your guy had such a wonderful day. :) :) That is what it was all about. :)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave any comments, but I do ask you to be kind. We go into this with eyes wide open after months of prayer, and a peace in our hearts that this is the right choice before God for our marriage. I am open to questions from those who wonder why we made this choice, but I would ask for no personal attacks. Thank you. :)

Troll comments and spam will be deleted.