Tuesday, January 15, 2019

And The Calm In The Middle :)

Well, since I shared the ups and downs of DD this past week, might as well share about the middle ground. :)

That is where I am right now.  That safe spot.  That place where I'm very content, and loved, and special, and just, ah, it's nice. :)

There are no fireworks right now.  There are no marching bands playing in the background with loud cheerleaders reminding you of how wonderful this is and baton twirlers with a showy display.  And thankfully, there are also no crying tears, no lashing out, no dark holes you have to fight against to keep from being sucked in.

No, today, I just am in our relationship.  I'm letting him lead, I'm obeying what he asks of me.  I'm fully content.  This man loves me.  This man has me.  This man wants to protect me.  And I'm thankful.  Blissfully thankful.  No spankings in days, no real chances to be intimate, but still, he's there, giving me his leadership and strength in a million little ways.

I like the calm.  Don't get me wrong, the highs are wonderful, but I also like this place of just being as well. :)  The happiness.  Being thankful.  Knowing he's there.  That I can rest because he has me.  That I'm not alone.  Just being us. :)

I really like this place too. :)

10 comments:

  1. Hi EsMay,

    What a sweet post :) glad to hear you are in the safe spot. I love how you described it :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Roz. It really is a wonderfully safe place to be. :)
      Hugs, EsMay

      Delete
  2. Awe! What a lovely place to be!

    Boo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Boo. :) It really is.
      Hugs, EsMay

      Delete
  3. Sounds like The Three Bears story. Not too hot. Not too cold. Just right. :)

    Hugs From Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe, Ella, I love that. What do you think, Duke? Instead of asking me how I'm doing each day, you could ask me which bear I am. ;) Ella, I love this because if I answered baby, the Duke would love it because when we're alone he calls me baby girl. :)
      Hugs, EsMay

      Delete
  4. Smooth waters are good, EsMay ... you deserve a little calm in your life! ... nj ... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NoraJean, I will definitely toast to that. lol
      Hugs, EsMay

      Delete
  5. I always appreciate the calm too. And you do deserve some calm in you life, I agree with NoraJean. Hope it lasts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Blondie. I hope so too. :) Our marriage could use it. :) Well, that, and the needy days. ;)
      Hugs, EsMay

      Delete

Please feel free to leave any comments, but I do ask you to be kind. We go into this with eyes wide open after months of prayer, and a peace in our hearts that this is the right choice before God for our marriage. I am open to questions from those who wonder why we made this choice, but I would ask for no personal attacks. Thank you. :)

Troll comments and spam will be deleted.