Tuesday, January 22, 2019

A Funny Story & My Writing

Hello everyone.  I'm hoping I didn't traumatize anyone with my post yesterday. :)  I hope you'll accept my apologies if I did. :)

So, a funny story.  It's funny how the things that change in your life, spill out into other areas, whether we mean them to or not.  We find this the more we live our dynamic.  Like, something as innocent as letting our daughter play with my electronic scalp and face massager.  She kept putting it on the soles of her feet, and she would giggle so cutely, that I called the Duke in to see how adorable it was.  I almost yelled out for him to see what she was doing with the vibrator!!! lol  I caught myself, realizing my mistake before the words came out and my parents heard.  Thank goodness. lol  But when the Duke came in, he said (quietly thankfully) "She really likes that vibrator.  Um, stimulator, um?"  And I had to laugh and remind him that it was called a massager!!!  HAHAHAHAHAHA  Sooo funny.  And that we both thought it.  Oh the way our dynamic spills over.  lol!

Now, I never thought I'd say this, but you guys have to stop visiting my blog. :P  The Duke looked and saw I'm getting about 4.5k hits a month and said he should spank me for every hit.  Never before have I hoped people wouldn't read. EEK!!!  lol  Okay, seriously, just kidding.  Please keep reading. :) He wouldn't really follow through on the threat, thank goodness, or else I'd never be able to bear sitting down on my poor bottom to write another post again!  lol  He was just teasing. :)

Now, before I share this next snippet, please know I never intend to turn this into a Writing Blog. :)  If I ever get published and do one, it will be separate.  Though I may share a post or two with you here if I get my first book published. :) :) 

Last year I shared here that I was writing a book.  But as I wrote, I realized how much I didn't know.  So, I took 7 months to do 8 book studies/courses on the writing craft.  During that time I kept working on my book and into the second book.  At the beginning of January I started my final edit.  Which is taking longer than I thought because I have learned so much, and have to change so much and it may end up being a before final edit, edit, lol  One writing blog of an author/editor I really like does a segment on her blog where she will review/critique a 250 word snippet of your book for you in a post.  On Saturday, I got an email saying she picked mine for this coming weekend!!!  250 words may not seem like a lot, but the feedback from professionals will be so welcome, as other editors join her at times, and others review in the comments.  The scene is to do with spanking tools, but I changed it to sex toys to make it a bit more socially acceptable, but in the book it will most definitely be spanking tools. :)  If the review doesn't freak me out tooooo much, I'll share it with you all.  :)  If they rip me apart and say never write another thing again, I will probably pretend it didn't happen.  Just kidding, I have shared with three people the first scene, and one person a couple scenes, and they really liked them. :)  But hopefully the editor(s) can give me some advice where I'm lacking, even from a short snippet.  I hope to have my book done in the next 6 weeks, but with how much I have to rewrite scenes, it may take a bit longer.  Still, I'm making really good progress. :)  And as I said, I will not make this a writing blog, I promise. :)

11 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, you make me laugh! I have noticed as the Sheriff and I learn, how differently we look at things! Words ard a prime example!

    How exciting for you young lady!

    Boo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe, Boo, well as you know, I like to make people laugh. lol Glad I succeeded. :)
      Hugs, EsMay

      Delete
  2. Glad to read you and Duke are back in the groove, EsMay and having some fun with it all. And how fantastic that your courses and hard work are starting to pay off. Good luck with your debut on the writer/editors blog ... critques are an interesting process, which I experienced when I went back to school late in life to take art classes ... In the end they are key to improving your work ... I wish you all the best! ... nj ... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the critiques will probably be hard at first, but if I can learn from them, it will be so worth it. NoraJean, did you find them hard if you got less than stellar critiques? I don't know if I knew you did art or not. That is so cool. I wanted to learn to draw, but I really struggle with it, stick men and I get along better than anything else, but trying to learn on the side the few times I have time. lol Just basic drawing. If you ever show your work sometime, I'd love to see it. I love to see the crafty side to people. :)
      Hugs, EsMay

      Delete
  3. Hi EsMay,

    I just visited for the 6th time today, that should help your views LoL. Just kidding :)

    Haha, that was too funny about the vibrator. Funny how we see things through different eyes lol.

    I think it's awesome you are writing and congrats on getting to the final edit stage and congratulations on being chosen to feature on the review blog. I hope you receive positive and constructive feedback.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 6 times? Wow, you either love me, or hope my bottom gets more strikes! LOL :) Yes, still laughing over the "vibrator". And thank you, Roz, I'm hoping the feedback helps. :) Getting excited, a bit nervous, but mostly excited. :)
      Hugs, EsMay

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, always feel free to brag about your kids. :) :) I love hearing happy moms. :) There are so many struggles, we need to be able to share the good too. :) I really loved that "they critique your present not your future." That is such a great way to look at it. :) Thank you so much for sharing that. And I loved the story about your son. He must be loving it with how well he is doing. :) :)
      EsMay

      Delete
    2. Glad you liked the comment but had to delete because of the personal nature of it. All that matters is that you read jt anyway ;)

      Delete
  5. EsMay,
    You are brilliant and we all know it! I know that this work will not be torn apart. You're too good a writer for that. I'm praying it goes well!
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Aww, thank you, Baker. You are good for the self esteem. :) :) You made me smile from ear to ear. :)
      Hugs, EsMay

      Delete

Please feel free to leave any comments, but I do ask you to be kind. We go into this with eyes wide open after months of prayer, and a peace in our hearts that this is the right choice before God for our marriage. I am open to questions from those who wonder why we made this choice, but I would ask for no personal attacks. Thank you. :)

Troll comments and spam will be deleted.