Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Paddle Keychain :)


My keys were either lost or stolen last year.  I think they were accidentally stolen, or that is what I'm hoping, and that they weren't purposefully taken.  We had four paramedics in our house that night near where I keep my keys, and hoping they fell into one of their bags by mistake.  Anyway, I had a new set of keys made up, and new locks, and decided today I needed a keychain in case they ever get lost again so I can say what is on the keychain.  I know, I should have done it a year ago. :) 

So tonight I made up the Neapolitan ice cream popsicle out of perler beads because I literally had no idea what to use, and then when I saw it a bit later, thought it looked a bit like a paddle.  So I sat down to kind of design one.  I'll tell people it's a fudgesicle, because I made it to look like one a bit, but to anyone on here, it's a paddle. ;)  I did the two tones of brown to represent grains in the wood a wooden paddle would have.  I really like it, and I like that I can secretly have a symbol of our lifestyle on me.  :)  I am so excited about it. :)  Now not to freak out whenever my Dad takes my keys if he needs our car. :P

Here is the front of it, and the bottom is the back view of it where the perler beads are melted flat. :)  The paddle is only about half an inch longer than a standard house key, so the perfect size for what I wanted.  The light reflected weird, but there is only three shades of brown in it.  I felt I had to use a different brown for the handle to believably pass it off as a fudgesicle, but we all know the truth. ;)

7 comments:

  1. You are very clever EsMay, I love it! Yes, it does look like a paddle to those of us with kinky brains lol.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Roz. :) I'm thinking of playing around with a few more designs, see what I can come up with. ;)
      Hugs, EsMay

      Delete
  2. I thought "paddle" the second I saw it. But I suppose a fudgesicle would be believable LOL. Great crafting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm thinking of trying a few other ideas that might be more believable as ice cream. hehehe And thank you. :)
      EsMay

      Delete
  3. Too funny and definitely very cute! No one will have a clue!
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Baker. :) Will be trying a few more tonight I think. I'll let you know. :)
      EsMay

      Delete
  4. I love it! With the other bar, no one would be the wiser!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave any comments, but I do ask you to be kind. We go into this with eyes wide open after months of prayer, and a peace in our hearts that this is the right choice before God for our marriage. I am open to questions from those who wonder why we made this choice, but I would ask for no personal attacks. Thank you. :)

Troll comments and spam will be deleted.