Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Better Day. :) Sorry, Thank You, and Plans. :)

First of all, sorry for my little break down yesterday.  I wanted to go back and delete it, or at least large chunks of what I wrote.  I'm very rarely a winey brat, I hate to complain, so don't do it often, but the Duke wouldn't let me delete anything.  He told me I needed to get it out, and that it was the truth.  I just hate how I did it, so I am sorry.

Thank you to everyone who wrote.  I promise to reply later today if time allows.  Your support meant so much.  I do think we just have to lay down the law a bit more.  I do not know of any programs here that would help my parents live on their own, but I will be praying about it and looking into some things.  I also can deal most days with everything, put on a happy face, and do what needs to be done, it's just, every once in a while that is bubbles above the surface.

I was told last night the Duke arranged a date for us this week!!!  Now, no biggie for most people, but I mentioned to the Duke about a month ago that it had been over 4 years or more since he set up a date for us.  It's always me who suggests it, figures out where we're going, when, and setting up babysitting.  So I asked him twice this month to do it, and he did.  But this week's date was a COMPLETE surprise to me.  :)  I just... wasn't sure if he even wanted to do dates anymore, and I started doing them very far between.  Like, one a month.  Last week we had one and this week we're having one. :) :) :)

Another thing is that we got a new bed for baby girl.  It got here this weekend, and yesterday the Duke put it together, by himself.  He just had to have me help for a few minutes.  But for 2 hours he put it together.  Usually it would be left for me to do by myself.  He's also running two errands for me, which actually, I have to admit, on that he is usually very good about doing.  I am very thankful for that.  Last night I was getting baby girl ready for bed, and I came out, and he was cleaning the living room for me.  He had read my post.  I told him I love him.  And I do.  I love that man like crazy.  We just have to get to a different place, and I'm feeling hope that we can.  He also copped a feel in the hallway late last night, which led us to the bedroom. ;)  He usually never initiates, it's usually me.  It just... I'm starting to feel that love tank level lift off the dusty basement floor of my heart and hover an inch above it.  :)  Yes, it has a way to climb, but, at least it's off the ground now. :)

A made bed, told of a planned date night, cleaning my living room, and initiating intimacy.  Even with a tension headache, it was a GOOD night. :)  I can't wait to see what tonight brings. :)

6 comments:

  1. Hi EsMay,

    I am glad you are feeling better. You shouldnt appologize for how you feel. You are entitled to your feelings and shoild feel safe voicing them here. I am also glad Duke is stepping up for you!
    Boo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Boosghost, on both accounts. :)
      EsMay

      Delete
  2. Hi Esmay, I am so glad things are a bit brighter today. I have my fingers crossed that you can find help with the situation with your parents.
    hugs Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jan. I'm behind in commenting on this post, but some things have been getting better. Thank goodness. :)
      Hugs, EsMay

      Delete
  3. Hi EsMay,

    I'm so glad you are feeling better. You definitely shouldn't apologise for how you feel. I'm glad the Duke read your post and has been stepping up. Hooray for date night :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roz, thank you. I am glad too. :) And yes, loving date nights. He's making sure we have at least one a week now. :)
      Hugs, EsMay

      Delete

Please feel free to leave any comments, but I do ask you to be kind. We go into this with eyes wide open after months of prayer, and a peace in our hearts that this is the right choice before God for our marriage. I am open to questions from those who wonder why we made this choice, but I would ask for no personal attacks. Thank you. :)

Troll comments and spam will be deleted.