Wednesday, February 13, 2019

A Great Book And A Cute Movie

I have another post in the works, but thought I'd do a lighter post for today. :)  Thought I would share a quick note about a book I really liked that came out today, and a cute movie. :)

If you don't already know, I love Laylah Roberts books.  Yes, after my post the other day, it may seem weird that I love DD, D/s, BDSM books, but I do.  I just skip over the naughty bits if they get to be too much for me, but she does so much dynamic in the scenes, they're not just about sex, so who wants to skip. :P

Laylah Roberts has a series called Haven, Texas.  I love it.  The first book is free, though it's written different than the other books.  Still, a great book to get for free.  The fifth book came out today.  Saxon's Soul.  I have been waiting since book two for there to be a book about Saxon.  He is an important character in books 2 and 4 of the series and book 7 in her Doms of Decadence series.  He owns a BDSM club and always seems to be taking care of submissives when it looks like their dominants aren't taking good enough care of them, in a way that rubs their doms the wrong way and stirs the fires of their protective and possessive instincts.  He likes to play match maker, know everyone's business, and plays at being a know it all.  LOL  And he's darn sexy doing it.  REALLY SEXY.  :)  I couldn't wait to see him in his own love story. :)  I loved this book, and twin baby boys, awww.  I spent the week reading the books in the series, wanting to have all that info fresh in my mind for this book.  I have not anticipated a book this much in a long time.  It had a few flaws, what book doesn't, but definitely a book I will be reading again, and again. :)

Also, I found this cute post in my drafts from October 2018.  I'm not sure why I didn't hit publish.  But in case you haven't seen the movie Book Club yet, I'll share it. :)  It's definitely making me want to watch it again. :)

The Duke and I went on a date today to see Book Club at the theatre for a fund raiser.  If you haven't seen it, it has Diane Keaton, Jane Fonda, Mary Steenburgen, and Candice Bergen in it.  Can I just say, these are all awesome actresses first of all, but I just love Mary Steenburgen's voice.  So sweet. :)

If you haven't seen it, it's about these four ladies that have known each other for the past 40 years, they're all in their 60's/70's.  One is divorced, one is widowed, one who does sex but not relationships, and one is in a sexless marriage.  When one woman brings four copies of Fifty Shades of Grey on her month to pick a book for their book club, the women don't want to read it, it's too risqué. ;)  I mean, what if they were caught reading it?  hehe

I LOVED this movie.  It doesn't have sex scenes, or bondage.  It's just a clean movie you can watch with anyone.  Only one line from the book is read out loud if I can remember correctly.  It is rated PG.  I laughed so hard, so many times.  It was great.  A great movie about being older, falling in love, finding new life, new excitement, friendship, it just was great.  E L James even makes a cameo, which I didn't know about.  That was fun to see. :)

It's out on DVD and Netflix now, and if you get the chance to watch it, DD couple or not, I think you'll really enjoy it.  I have to admit, most of the people there must not know DD, D/s, BDSM or what have you because there was a joke about a woman having a safe word, and NO ONE but the Duke and I laughed.  And the theatre was packed.  lol

11 comments:

  1. Hi EsMay, thank you for the reviews. I haven't read Laylah Roberts. I will have to rectify that. I haven't seen The Bookclub yet either, but it's definitely on my list.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roz, I'm not sure everyone will like her, but I think she is probably my favourite author. :) She and Nattie Jones used to be, but Nattie hasn't put anything out in years, and some of the books I was saving up to get just disappeared. :( :( Glad I could help you with your list. :)
      Hugs, EsMay

      Delete
  2. Hi EsMay, :) Thank you for sharing about the book and movie. I am not familiar with Laylah Robert's books, but will have to check them out one of these days, when I have time to think!

    The Book Club was lots of fun! I saw it with some lovely friends. Super actresses! Many hugs,

    ❤️Katie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie, you can find time to think!?!? How does one do that? lol I hear you. :) Oih. :) I'm glad you liked Book Club too, it really was a lot of fun. :) And yes, they are great actresses and added so much to the movie. :)
      Hugs, EsMay

      Delete
  3. EsMay

    Cant wait to start Saxon's Soul.

    Oh goody, a new movie to try!
    Boo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Boo, well as you know, I was freaking out excited yesterday. I hope you enjoy it when you get to it, and don't think "Oh, gosh, EsMay was crazy, she liked this???" lol
      Hugs, EsMay

      Delete
  4. thanks for the book and movie recommendations :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terps, you're welcome. I know how hard it can be to find good recommendations on either, and I know not everyone has my tastes, :) but thought I'd share. :)
      EsMay

      Delete
  5. I love Laylah Roberts too. I haven't seen the movie because I don't really watch movies but if I ever do, I will check this one out. Thanks for the recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeek, Blondie, another Laylah Roberts fan. :) :) I might reshare a post for tomorrow's throw back that I put out this past summer so that people can see some of her books and why I like them so much. :) Is it you don't have time for movies, or that they don't interest you? :) I don't watch often because of time, but I do like watching a good one if we can find one. :)
      Hugs, EsMay

      Delete
  6. I didn't realize it was on Netflix! I'll have to check it out if its still there. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave any comments, but I do ask you to be kind. We go into this with eyes wide open after months of prayer, and a peace in our hearts that this is the right choice before God for our marriage. I am open to questions from those who wonder why we made this choice, but I would ask for no personal attacks. Thank you. :)

Troll comments and spam will be deleted.