Monday, July 23, 2018

The Kissing Booth

Who here has watched The Kissing Booth on Netflix yet?  It isn't a DD movie, there is no spanking, but there were some things that really touched me as a DD wife.  And an article written on it that really bothered me.

The article talked about how the male lead was not a character that should be in today's type of movies.  That he was archaic, and we had grown past him.

So, yes, he's controlling, but just a bit, which as a DD, D/s, etc wife, um, yeah, what's the problem with that!? ;) :P  lol I can tell you right now that if a guy acted towards me the way this male lead does to the female lead when I was their age, I'd be a pile of putty on the floor. :P  I might even throw in a couple of "Yes Sir!"s for good measure. ;)

Second of all, he gets into fights.  Yes, it's great to grow from that, but when you see the fights he gets into, you understand a bit more that he's not just looking for trouble.

Third of all, he is super protective of the female lead.  I can think of six times off the top of my head where he tries to protect/rescue her, four of those times she lets him, two times she refuses.

She let's him know when she needs him to back off, and all but one time, he agrees, and he respects that she stands up to him, and doesn't grovel at his feet.

So... in all that, I'm trying to find the bad.  Why is this character archaic?  He's a bit of a ladies man, but that happens in any culture at any given point in time.  All I can see is that he's a bit controlling, usually in wanting to protect this woman, and he's protecting.  Sorry, I love that in a man. :)  Bring on archaic characters for me any day if he's one.

So if you're looking for a cute movie, it's a teen flick, but still cute, I highly recommend this movie. :)  It normalizes teenage sex, which I'm not really for, but other than that, found it an adorable movie.  I really liked the male lead, and would love to see what this character turns into when he's older.  I can definitely see him wielding a paddled someday. :P


6 comments:

  1. I haven't seen the movie but I totally agree with you about finding all that attractive in a man. I hate how chivalry has died in today's culture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jlynne, I know. Give me a man that knows his mind, will stand up against wrong, will protect and guide, any day. :)

      Delete
  2. I love a movies with strong male characters ... of course we here all do! ;)) I think whoever wrote the dissenting article should maybe have a closer look around ... there is a reason for the explosion in hot romantic romance reading and writing :))

    ... It's good to hear you sounding happy, EsMay ... Hope all is well with you and Duke ... nj ... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH, NoraJean, thank you. :) I'm trying to be happy, even on hard days. I find trying to be happy breeds happiness. :)

      Delete
  3. I'll have to give that movie a watch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a teen movie, but I loved it. :)
      EsMay

      Delete

Please feel free to leave any comments, but I do ask you to be kind. We go into this with eyes wide open after months of prayer, and a peace in our hearts that this is the right choice before God for our marriage. I am open to questions from those who wonder why we made this choice, but I would ask for no personal attacks. Thank you. :)

Troll comments and spam will be deleted.