Friday, June 06, 2014

Our Own Little Miracle

I haven't been around blog land this month.  I've been so tired, can't seem to keep up with anything, and a lot of nights I am in bed by 9 in the evening. 

I have been praying on how to tell you all our news, and after TL shared hers, felt it right to wait a little more than a day, and then share our news with you. :)

We are expecting our own little bundle of joy, four days after TL and Bucko are expecting theirs. :)  We are almost seven weeks now. :)

We have already had an ultra sound, and doctor visits.  Around the middle of July I'll be having surgery, and then on bedrest.

I need to talk about my faith for a minute, I just need to.  God asked us last year to put a nursery together.  It was hard, and there were tears at times as I got the stuff for it, and at times anger that God was asking us to put together a room for a child we didn't have, so it was hard to put it together, but I/we did.  As we did, I prayed for faith, and God gave it to us, and also gave us, and some friends, several signs and words from Him that a baby REALLY WAS on the way!  Then in April He asked us to ask a friend for the crib she was giving away.  I argued with God, it was one thing to build a nursery, it was another to tell people about it, but He was adamant, and after a week, I gave in, and told her about the nursery and asked her if she could pray about us having the crib.  A week after it was in our home, I was pregnant.  Though I didn't know it for three weeks because I was ignoring the signs, and thought I had the flu, but then we realized no one has the flu that long, lol.  When we took the test, I bawled, HARD.  So much so that the Duke thought the test must have been negative, pulled me to him, and told me it was okay, we'd just try again.  He's so sweet to me!  He was so happy when I told him that no, we didn't need to try again, it was positive.

What is also funny is that just a week before we found out we were pregnant, we were praying about taking clomid, and asked others to pray with us.  They, and we, got a no from God on it.  Which is good, because we would have had to take Rescue Prevara (spelling?) first, and that would have aborted any baby.  I am so happy He said no, but I was so sad at first, lol.

The room is already now, and so it's a relief that with bedrest so close, I don't have to worry my time away in bed over stuff I have to get ready.  We still have a few items that don't go in the nursery to get, but only five items compared to where we'd have to start had God not asked me last fall to get ready.

We are so happy, and really feel this is the baby God has for us to bring home.

Thank you all for your prayers for us, we've prayed over the past few years for a baby since we lost our son. Your love and support have meant so much to us, and we welcome any prayers for our baby and for us that will help support us during this time. :)

Hopefully when on bedrest, I'll have the energy to catch up with you guys again. :)  Right now, I can't promise, as I go lay down as soon as I get home each night, so exhausted from chasing after a toddler at work all day.

- The Duke's Deductions:

Hey Guys,
I am so excited about the future child we are expecting. It has been a long road to get to this point, but God got us here. I am proud of EsMay in keeping faith and getting this nursery together, it is so great for us now as she will not be able to do much once she is on bedrest. Thank you to anyone who prayed for us or had encouraged us in this time.

51 comments:

  1. Congratulations to the two of you. We were all rooting and praying for you.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Meredith. :) That means a lot. :)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful news. You and TL will be sharing stories of sleepless nights and teething babies with us soon enough.

    Congrats
    willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hopefully not too many stories. :) I like my sleep. lol

      Delete
  3. OMG, OMG, such wonderful news! I have happy tears for you both. I am so very happy for you. Congratulations! AI will be keeping you, and TL, Bucko in my thoughts and prayers.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh Roz, you are always so sweet. Thank you! :) {{{hugs}}}

      Delete
  4. Congratulations!! I am so happy for the two of you!! So exciting, I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy. So many babies in blogland right now, super exciting.

    Big Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear that there are. :) Must be something in the air. :) {{{hugs}}}

      Delete
  5. I'm just so happy! I have tears in my eyes and feel like I'm about to burst. Congratulations. And of course we'll keep you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh Sarah, thank you. Did not mean to make so many people cry. :)

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on the wonderful news! I've read about your struggles and my eyes just can't stay dry :-) What a blessing that your relationship with God is strong enough for you to obey his commands even when they didn't seem to make sense, and when is was so emotionally challenging. Your family will be in my prayers in the coming months for sure, and if you have any specific prayer requests, feel free to email them. Please take it easy as much as possible and listen to your body. I'm so happy for you both :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't say it was easy to obey, and at times I was not the child to Him I should have been... there sadly were some days of hurt, anger, tears, but many more of joy. :) Thankfully He never gives up on me, even when I deserve it. And thank you so much for your prayers, I definitely will write you. :)

      Delete
  7. YES YES YES and AMEN!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know who you are, but this made me smile over and over again. Thank you. :) And yes, AMEN. :)

      Delete
  8. WOOOHOOOO!!!! Doing the Happy Dance in NC, yes I am... Yes I am.. I am just thrilled for you guys. I am praying that this is an awesome pregnancy, and God gives you peace..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dana, thank you so much. :) We welcome the prayers. :)

      Delete
  9. Omg... yet more tears of joy for you and the duke. I was getting a bit suspicious with all of the fatigue. God does work miracles in his timing. We often don't understand, but moving out in faith is the right thing to do. God's blessings to you both on your little one. He will not bring you to something if he is not going to see you through. This is what I do for my work. Let me know if I can be of any help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, I should have been wondering about the fatigue as well, but I was a bit slow, lol. I am not sure I understood what it is you do for work, but I can't wait to ask you about it. :)

      Delete
  10. Woohoo...doing my happy dance for you with tears rolling down my face! EsMay...you take very good care of yourself and no stressing! The only thing that baby needs is loving arms...which you both have! All else can wait! Sending lots of prayers and positive energy for a safe and healthy pregnancy and delivery.

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Cat, thank you. :) Didn't realize how many people we'd make cry, you are all so wonderful. {{{hug}}}

      Delete
  11. I am so happy for you both!! I will keep up my prayers for a healthy pregnancy! I wish you all the best!!
    Love,
    Scarlet. ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scarlet, thank you for the prayers, we are so glad to have them. :)

      Delete
  12. Congratulations, this is awesome!!! I am so happy for you and the Duke. Haha, the flu?I am with you, my nose has been stuffed for months by now. I am so happy that you two will have your bundle of joy now. Of course I’ll keep you in my thoughts, and I wish you all the best!

    love and many hugs

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going back through old posts, and somehow I missed your comment. I am so sorry, Ni Na. How are you? I hope all is well. :)
      Hugs, EsMay

      Delete
  13. Iam so happy for the two of you....i know you will be wonderful parents!!! Your little miracle will be so blest to be raised in such a family as yours. You have made my day with this news...maybe even my week.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH abby, what a beautiful thing to say. Thank you. I am so glad that our news touched you so. :) {{{hugs}}}

      Delete
  14. Oh, Esmay, such wonderful news. You, Duke and that sweet bundle are in our prayers. Smiling so big right now for you and TL too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sass, thank you so much for your prayers, we are so blessed by them. :)

      Delete
  15. Congratulations Esmay and Duke!!!! We're so happy for you both, and we wish you all the best as you enter the parenting club. :)

    -Clint and Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope this doesn't sound mean... but I guess I don't like the term parenting club... it tends to isolate and push out those that aren't parents from a realm they so desperately want to know about when they already feel excluded... I really hope that doesn't sound mean... it's just a term I am not comfortable with. But I will take your congratulations and thank you for your well wishes. :)

      Delete
  16. Congratulations. I think it's fantastic that we both get to celebrate our little miracles. I'm sorry you were worried. You shouldn't have been. I would have been thrilled for you, and it would have given me hope even if this wasn't our time. I hope you and the Duke are as thrilled and excited as Bucko and I are. I'll keep praying for us both to have nice easy worry free pregnancies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH Sweetie, I am sorry it came across that way, that is not what I meant. You are so kind and generous. I have to admit... hearing of others pregnancies did not always inspire hope for ours... you are such an amazing woman. You really are. I am praying for you guys too and your own little bundle of joy. :)

      Delete
  17. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Grace. :) That means a lot, especially knowing how well you know our story.

      Delete
  18. Oh gosh i am crying for both you and TL, I am soo happy for you all, it is such great news, love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jan. :) It is, both of us couples have prayed for so long. God is so good. :)

      Delete
  19. Oh my dearest EsMay!

    I'm beyond over the moon for you both! God is so good!

    love and hugs,
    Cali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cali, Thank you. :) And He really is, He really is. :) {{{hugs}}}

      Delete
  20. So happy for the two of you!! Congratulations ;-)

    Hugs,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  21. How wonderful for you both, congratulations.
    I am also amazed and a little bit envious of the strength of your trust in God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH Janey, I also struggle way more than I should... and question so much that I wonder why He puts up with me. {{{hugs}}} It was a day to day battle, but He loves us all, no matter where we're at. :)

      Delete
  22. Hooray! Congratulations to you both!! So happy to hear your wonderful news...take good care EsMay. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tess, and I will try to be good and take care of myself. :) The Duke seems to be enforcing that quite a bit. ;) {{{hugs}}}

      Delete
  23. Es May- Oh this is just the best news ever!!! I am thrilled for you both. I got goosebumps reading this! You all are in my thoughts and prayers! Feel good!!! Giant hugs sent your way!!

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, goosebumps, haven't heard that one yet. :) Thank you, I am glad that our news has blessed so many out there who have been praying. :) {{{{hugs}}}} back. :)

      Delete
  24. Soooo happy for you both, sweetie. Get as much rest as you can! God bless -
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations on your wonderful news. I am happy for you both! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I cannot conceive of a child who will be more loved and more cherished than this little blessing. You have our thoughts and prayers towards your hopes and dreams.

    <3
    cd and Guardian

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave any comments, but I do ask you to be kind. We go into this with eyes wide open after months of prayer, and a peace in our hearts that this is the right choice before God for our marriage. I am open to questions from those who wonder why we made this choice, but I would ask for no personal attacks. Thank you. :)

Troll comments and spam will be deleted.