Sunday, January 12, 2014

A Needed Bedtime Spanking

Last night I was in desperate need of a spanking, the Duke had suggested a maintenance spanking in the afternoon, we're trying to do two a week right now, but I asked him to wait until today.  He's been quite sick with a cold, and I didn't want to wear him out.

Then last night we went babysitting, and I had a baby crying for hours because of gas, and it was a bit hard by the end, and of course, she fell asleep only as her parents were coming into the driveway, I am so not kidding about that.  And usually this wouldn't bother me, babies cry, I know this and have looked after several that cried for hours, but I was also getting sick, and PMSing, and had had a very long week.  I just didn't have any energy left, and I was all frazzled.

So when we got home the Duke went straight to bed.  I stayed up to unwind as I had a headache after everything.  But the Duke knew I was off, and he kept checking on me.  Finally he said he thought maybe I should go to bed.  The funny thing was, I was writing a post to you all about how much I needed a spanking, but not just a maintenance or role affirmation spanking, but more along the lines of a punishment spanking.  You know, Missy wrote about something like this this week, and I didn't quite understand.  But now I do.

Well, when I didn't come to bed when he suggested it, he got out the paddle.  As much as I wanted one, I also freaked when the paddle came out.  I told him that he'd only suggested that I go to bed, he hadn't asked or told me to.  I hadn't said no or been defiant.  I had simply said I was still a bit too wound up to sleep, we had not been home for very long.  But over his lap I went.

Did I deserve to be there for disobedience?  No, and we both knew that.  But he also saw how frazzled I was, and emotionally spent, and knew I needed the release of a spanking.  As soon as I was over his lap, I realized how tired I was, I was flat out exhausted, and it took everything in me not to fall asleep the second I was laying over his legs.  He spanked hard and fast, and talked to me throughout, which I really needed.  I was crying in seconds.  Not bawling, or sobs, but just a soft cry, releasing everything.

Afterwards he just let me lay across his lap while he scratched my back, which I love having him do, but he's never done after a spanking.  Then we went to bed, and finally, I was unwound.

He told me that I should have admitted when he suggested a maintenance earlier in the day that I needed it.  I told him that in my heart I knew I needed one, but I also knew in my head that he needed to rest, and really would have waited until today.  He didn't see my point until sometime today, but he does see now that my request was not selfish.  I really was trying to look out for him in this... something I can tell is not going to go over well if I ever try again.

Oh, and the Duke said I should change my slogan since the Duke was more associated with driving a wagon than a car. ;)  So it now says reins instead of wheel. :)  And that reminded me that one day I got bored and made a bunch of hats as joke HOH hats... I think Roz is the only one that ever saw them, anyway, I remembered one was a cowboy hat, so I just had to try it out.  LOL  Does it look too Hickish?

Hope you all have a good week.  I've been working on a few posts, and will try to put one or two of them out this week.  Just some self reflection, and some things I'm learning about submission.

PS, you can ignore the question about the hat, the Duke just found out what I wrote, but he says he really likes it, so either way, I guess I'll be keeping it. ;)

26 comments:

  1. Smiling for you - like the changes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like someone knows your needs, even if you don't always know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does, didn't always, but now he's really paying attention and I'll have to watch my behaviour a lot more now! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Es May, this made me smile. I know, an add thing to say given you were spanked Lol. I'm glad you got the release you needed. The Duke really does know you and what you need so well :)

    "I really was trying to look out for him in this... something I can tell is not going to go over well if I ever try again". Exactly :)

    The HoH hats you sent me were awesome ... and the cowboy hat looks perfect.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Roz, I think I find you laughing more than having sympathy with me lately! ;) lol And he does know me well, how did I get so blessed? He didn't used to ever be like this... but I'm loving it. {{{hugs}}}

      Delete
  4. Oh Esmay this made smile and laugh lol
    Yes the need for a more intense spanking and then the " ohshitodidntwantthatimplement" lol

    I love how far you guys have come and how good the Duke can read you now and steps in and helps, even if it does mean a sore bum ;)

    The hat is perfect babe.
    Oh and screaming babies with wind, can try the patience of a saint, I had to of them :(

    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're as bad as Roz, laughing at my misfortune. ;) lol And yep, that was me, needing a spanking, and then, OH CRAP, not with that! lol Oh, and screaming babies, they need to make that into a headache medication commercial. Of course, not getting cable, or watching tv besides netflix, they may have and I just don't know it. ;) {{{hugs}}}

      Delete
  5. Love the hat. You do such a great job making your blog personalized and pretty!

    Glad the Duke gave you a good release spanking. SM has done that a few times recently. It's mind boggling almost but then it helps so... I guess it's good! :)

    love
    sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sara... thank you... why that made me almost cry, I don't know... I just... really want the look of my blog to reflect what I feel inside. You are true, it is a bit mind boggling to think of how this helps, but I'm just so glad it does. :)

      Delete
  6. Isn't it great when they seem to know just what we need? I'm glad he was able to give you what you needed. I bet you ended up sleeping soundly that night. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kenzie, it is a wonderful thing in deed when they know what we need. :) Augh, did not mean for that to rhyme. lol And I did sleep so soundly, it was so great. :)

      Delete
  7. Hey Es May, it sounds to me like the punishment was just what you needed. Maybe choosing to push his"suggestion" of going to bed was your final attempt at controlling the situation. (I say that because that's something I tend to do) I'm glad Duke stepped up. Sounds like you needed not only the release but the reminder of who is in charge.

    Hoping you have a calm, peaceful week! Oh, I love that hat!

    Love,Clara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, Clara, I'll have to think about that. :) I didn't feel at the time that I was pushing it buttons, I really felt I needed more time to unwind, but maybe I was and didn't realize it. And you are right, I needed the release AND the reminder. :) And glad you like the hat. :)

      Delete
  8. Just wanted to stop by and say hello ;) sorry you had a safety issue and had to move your blog, but I'm
    Glad you got to tell us the new address! :)
    Hugs,
    Elle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elle, I am so glad you found me! It was hard to move it, and now we know we didn't need to, but back then, it was a real worry, and I'm glad we were safe over sorry. {{{hugs}}}

      Delete
  9. We have lots of spankings like this Es May. We aren't sure what to call them but he knows I need one and I do too, even if I don't admit it so easily. It sounds sort of cheesy but I've decided that they are an expression of love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, Susie, I totally understand about not knowing what to call them. We don't really lable our spankings now. We just do what needs to be done, and if the spanking wasn't enough, we do more. And I so agree, they are expressions of love. :)

      Delete
  10. I think the hat is really cute, Es May. And you're certainly not alone in needing this type of spanking sometimes. I'm glad that the Duke saw what you needed and helped you get to a better place. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Grace. I don't mind being alone... but it's better not to be. :) And I am glad he did too, I am so blessed to have him. {{{hugs}}}

      Delete
  11. I so understand the need for defrazzling. Sometimes a spanking is just what you need. Glad the two of you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leah, it is amazing the number of ways that a spanking can help. :) I am so thankful for them. :)

      Delete
  12. Here is something another friend of mine does....NOT TRUST her husband's judgement when he is ill...." but I asked him to wait until today. He's been quite sick with a cold, and I didn't want to wear him out." Not entirely sure if this is what you did. You could have very well said, " Duke honey I can wait to tomorrow if you are too sick" but SHE, ( who shall remain nameless..LOL) does this kind of stuff all the time. To the detriment of herself. Anticipating her husbands needs in a way that sends her spiralling.

    I hope this was not the case for you EsMay, because it is all a matter of trust right? No matter I suppose, in the end it worked out quite well for you. Both of you.

    willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes... Willie, that is what I did... I didn't think of it that way, but it's true, I didn't trust his judgement because I was more worried about his health. Okay, there's something I have to go apologize for now. And thankfully, it did work out. :) But I'll know better for next time. :)

      Delete
    2. Well I didn't mention it to make you feel bad. I was just curious if it was something that more than, said friend, does. I used to 'anticipate' things for Barney, until I heard a different HOH say he hates it when his wife 'tells him how he feels'. I thought to myself, huh, that isn't much different than holding back me because I am worried about how I think Barney will feel or is feeling.

      That's all. Just something I have processed over the past couple of months I guess it stuck with me.

      Delete
    3. I don't feel bad. :) But I do like knowing when there is a mistake that I should fix. And honestly, if it makes me be a better wife, even if it made me feel bad in the moment, it would be worth it for the joys that would bring. :) But what you said was true, and the Duke and I already talked it over, and we agree that I need to trust him more, and me less. :) Thank you, it might have taken us a long while before we saw this truth, now we can look out for it. And I'm glad that HOH was able to share with you. It's amazing the things that stick with us. :)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave any comments, but I do ask you to be kind. We go into this with eyes wide open after months of prayer, and a peace in our hearts that this is the right choice before God for our marriage. I am open to questions from those who wonder why we made this choice, but I would ask for no personal attacks. Thank you. :)

Troll comments and spam will be deleted.