I have been spending months looking up submission exercises online, trying to come up with my own, writing down things that made me feel submissive from stories, things that just come up in my dreams, and things the Duke has done out of the blue that have made me melt. This list has really helped us, some we have tried, some we have not, but I know how hard it can be to find ideas, so I hope it's okay to share. There are too many to share in one post, so I'm going to share a few tonight, and will do more in another post, it will take a few posts to do the whole list we have.
I am going to list things you can do on your own, or things your husband can do that may help you.
Things Your Husband Can Do:
1. Say her full name - I don't know about you, but having my full name said makes me SIT UP at attention! Attention, and boy, I better behave.
2. Holding her chin - This really makes me feel owned, and that he is INSISTING on having my attention
3. Having a pet name for her - Being called his, baby girl, little one, or my good girl really sends a shiver of submissive pleasure down my spine. It's these words that make me see he really does like being dominant.
4. Ask her who she belongs to - Sometimes the Duke will ask me this, and it will put everything into perspective for me. I'm his, and he's got me. I don't have to worry about things being taken care of, he's got it.
5. Tell her to keep eye contact with you - Oh, I find this so hard, and when I have to be told, I often struggle, and have to be reminded. But I find this very humbling, and it really does remind me to obey, even when it is hard, whether it be when discussing rules, talking about something hard, or when being intimate.
6. Remind her that her body is yours - I find I get VERY submissive when the Duke goes to touch me in a way that makes me shy or embarrassed, and then I go to cover myself, only to have him tell me that I am not to cover or hide what is his.
7. Call her during the day to check in - I love knowing the Duke likes to check up on me, it makes me feel important and worthy of his attention, it also reminds me to be good, because I don't want to have to tell him over the phone or email that I wasn't so good. It's hard enough in person, it's even harder when I can't see his expression
8. Tell her to answer with words - I find it hard to swallow at first when in an intense situation where the Duke asks a question, and so I answer with body language. But now he demands my answer in words every time. I feel the peace of submission flood through me as I find my voice to obey him, but also am floored by his authority in the moment.
Things You Can Do Yourself:
1. Do one of his chores just because you want to make him feel special, or make his day easier. Make it one that takes effort, and even better, make it one you aren't that happy to do. When you are done, you will realize he now will be the one that won't have to do it.
2. Make a meal he likes that isn't your favourite, but not something you hate. Our men notice when we put them ahead of ourselves, and one big way to do that is to eat a meal that you made for his pleasure, not yours.
3. Ask him if there is something you don't do that he'd like you to do. ie, start/stop wearing make up. Start/stop doing your hair a certain way. Greet him at the door with a drink, have supper ready when he gets home, have the kids entertained when he walks through the door, serve him before yourself at meal times, or what have you.
4. Write lines, or a small essay on why you are glad he leads you. Or on ways he leads you. You might be surprised at all he's doing that has gone unnoticed until you sat down to really think about it.
5. Leave a note for him in his lunch/briefcase/wallet. Maybe even make a promise to him of something you wish to do for him that night. ;) Sign it with a kiss.
6. Start asking for permission when you buy things, if you can't ask for permission, tell him at the end of every day each place you spent money, and why.
7. Put on something that isn't exactly your favourite, but something you know he'll love. Could be a perfume, a thong, a slinky dress, risque heals. Or go without something, a bra, your underwear, and then whisper to him your little secret half way through his dinner. ;)
8. Let him know that you are giving him your body, to use when, and how he likes. Whether it be the middle of the night, or in a position you've been too shy to try before. Your body is his, and you trust him to take care of it.
I wrote down a ton more, and will try to post more later this week. I hope you like one or two of the ideas. Who knows, maybe you've heard them all, or only a few, but I hope there is at least one or two here that catch your fancy. :)
Have fun everyone. :)
Submission Exercises - Continued - Post 2 is HERE
Submission Exercises - Conclusion - Post 3 is HERE
Submission Exercises - When Sick (Added at a later time)