Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Design How To Tip

I feel like from all your compliments that I have you all deceived in my artistic abilities.  Just to show you that I'm not really a drawer, but a design manipulator, I wanted to show you how to make one of the implements.  From what I show you here, you'll get an idea of how I made them all. :)

I wanted to break down quickly the 10 steps to making a bath brush.  I don't have the step by step versions of the one I made, but made this one larger scale to show you how I did it. :)  Most paint programs will let you do all of this, the only exception may be the 3d/lighten darken feature.  I myself use PSP X6. {PaintShopPro 16}


1. I took a large circle and just drew it down straight until it was the size of the head of the bathbrush that I wanted to draw.
2. Then I drew a second one just like it, and put lines down and across to give the appearance of bristles.
3. I copied the bristles one I made, and place it on top of the first one I made, putting it slightly to the left. 
4. On the area that I left exposed I drew squiqqly lines to make the side view of the bristles.
5. I then selected to make the item 3d, if yours doesn't have this funtion, but has a lighten and darken tool, you can just darken one side of your image with the darkening brush, and use the lighten brush on the other side.
6. I used large and small circles to make the base of the wood.
7. I drew squiggly lines to make the wood effect.
8. I told my program to make the image blurry to blend in the squiggles.  If your program will not blur, shrink your image to 50% and then tell it to make it 200%, returning it to it's original size. :)  That will make it blurry.
9. I made the wood 3d.
10. I copied the bristles and placed them on the wood.

And there you have it, a bath brush.  If you want to try to make an implement of your own, and need any help, let me know, I'll try to walk you through it as best as I can. 

Have a good night everyone. :)

10 comments:

  1. Es May.. it's still a wonderful talent that I don't have. I am so computer challenged.. I think what you do is amazing, and you should be proud...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dana, I meant to prove I don't have the skill everyone imagines... guess that back fired. Lol

      Delete
  2. Hey Es May...you are an artist...end of discussion! ;)

    Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel I should sit up straighter at my desk and pay better attention. Lol. I guess I better not argue with you since you closed the discussion. Is that door sealed shut? No sign it's opening again soon? ;) .... Man, I feel sassy tonight, lol.

      Delete
  3. Hi Es May, thanks for sharing this. I am totally with Dana and Cat. You do have a wonderful talent that I certainly don't :)

    Watch the sassy young lady ... end of discussion! *wink* :)

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Ma'am! ;). Two stern ladies, guess I really do need to listen. ;). And thank you, I really believe my interest and drive to learn this stuff was from God, so He gets the credit. :). {{{hugs}}}

      Delete
  4. This was great :) How thoughtful of you to do a tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you liked. :) I figured some people might already have the basics, and this would show the next steps. Maybe I'll do a few more here or there if I find people like them. :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Esmay, trust me you are an artist. I was lost by step l !!
    love Jan.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jan. I didn't mean to lose you in it, sorry. {{{hugs}}}

      Delete

Please feel free to leave any comments, but I do ask you to be kind. We go into this with eyes wide open after months of prayer, and a peace in our hearts that this is the right choice before God for our marriage. I am open to questions from those who wonder why we made this choice, but I would ask for no personal attacks. Thank you. :)

Troll comments and spam will be deleted.