Thursday, April 11, 2019

Thriving To Please

I had a compliment this week that I can't get out of my head.  It was from a Dominant that I have not known long, but who has taught me a lot in the time I've known him.  He said I was "A submissive whom thrives to please".  And it is so very true.  I did not ask him if I could share this compliment...

Now I know he meant it in more of a different way than I'll share here, and the compliment as he meant it touched my heart, but also, something inside me unfurled.  This lie I had let build up around me for many, many years.  I've been called a people pleaser my whole life, not in a good way.  Friends would try to rescue me, change my way of thinking.

Here's the thing, I like to help people.  Someone in grief?  I don't have the answers, but I can be there to cry on, so they're not alone.  I can come over and look after children, or help clean, or bring a few meals.  I can fight on their behalf when people around them try to rush their grief, or try to rob their right and need to go through it.

I have a friend who's having a hard time.  Twin babies while her husband is out of town, and older children as well.  Sure, it would be easier to stay at home, but I pack up baby girl a couple times every week to help her.  I can't sit at home, especially when I'm not working, and not offer her help.  That isn't who I am.  I can ease her load, give her a few hours to herself or to sleep, help with housework.  That's the person I want to be.  To make her world a bit easier, even if for only two days a week.  The Duke and my Dad know I help this friend because they give me drives since they both need their cars.  Two blogger friends also know because I tell them I'll be gone for the day and can't chat, but that's it.  But now, I know I don't have to hide it.  Don't get me wrong, I won't be sharing with people that I do, it's not their business, and I sometimes get nervous with compliments because so many people are insincere in my life, but it's nice to know I also don't have to worry that people will find out.

I love to help people with their marriages and their relationships and watch them flourish when they were struggling before.  I love coming along side someone who is crushed by life, and helping them see they can get back up again, etc.  I don't do this for me, but because I've learned I can come along side someone who is hurting, and offer them comfort, something I wanted so many times in my life, and didn't have.  If I can help keep one person from feeling that pit of despair like I did so many times, I want to do that for them.

Now, don't get me wrong, there is a line.  I really do not like being taken advantage of.  I flat out hate being forced to do something under threat from someone who should have no authority over me.  There are lines.  I can, and do say no... need to do it more with my parents... but I'm learning.

So, I'm a submissive, and I thrive on pleasing, and I really thrive on being able to please someone's spirit by helping.  I'm never, ever going to be able to be that person who sits to the side while someone needs help, not when I can help.  Sure, I can't always, I might not have the time, money, skills, ability to relate, but I will when I can.

Just something I'm thinking on today.  (The Duke usually checks my posts to approve them in the morning, so these ramblings are actually from yesterday, he'll post after he reads)  I might not be able to talk to this man much longer who gave me the compliment, but he's taught me a lot about myself.  He's helped me face truths that I've buried deep because I've been taught to be ashamed of them.  Things about me that are actually beautiful to have in a submissive personality.  He's been really nice to the Duke as well.  I'll miss learning from his wisdom, but I'll carry what he's taught us with me for life.

This isn't one of the posts I promised on learning about submission, just a post about me.  Those posts are almost ready though. :) :)  And there will be more after. :)

The Duke's Deductions:
This is one thing I really love about EsMay. She cares so much about other people. I love that she is willing to help her friend in a tough time. I am proud of EsMay for being so caring and so helpful, and I love her for it.

10 comments:

  1. It is very nice that someone on the other side of a screen can see you for who you are. Throughout many trials of this thing we do over the years I have had a male friend who has been my rock ( as well as his wife of course not to diminish our friendship but you were referring to Doms..lol). Fortunately B is not a jealous man nor his wife jealous of me ;). Anyway I think it is great that you found someone, even for a short time to help walk you through some aspects.

    For myself, I know it is wonderful to have submissive-heartset friends, but acceptance of myself through the eyes of another dominant, especially when I struggled accepting if I really was submissive was a gift I never saw coming. His 'praise' doesn't come easily and still shocks me at times.LOL

    Honestly I feel guilty about being dubbed an 'anticipator' as my sister refers to me as. I feel guilty because I actually get a benefit out of helping others- I feel great being able to. But in another way it is also an expression of who I truly am, so I suppose that is good too. LOL..

    I didn't understand this portion of your post though, "Well, yesterday for you guys as the Duke still approves my posts first, and will read this in the morning. I might not be able to talk to this man much longer who gave me the compliment, but he's taught me a lot about myself. "

    willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. willie, there really is something about another Dom saying you're doing it right. I know I shouldn't find reassurance in that, my sole goal should be for the Duke. But it made me feel really good that I was doing this right.

      I guess I do feel good helping too, because I know I helped. But I do help for the person, not me. But it may be close to how you describe as well. So many feelings, it's hard to put words to them all.

      I reworded that part in the post you mentioned... not sure if it makes more sense. I wrote this post yesterday. But the Duke wants to read what I write before I post, he checks my blog the next morning usually, comments if he wants, and then it gets posted. So I said the thoughts I share here were something I was thinking on today, which was actually yesterday when I wrote it. I hope that makes sense.

      EsMay

      Delete
  2. Oh I do help to be helpful as well. That is my main goal it is just not one sided beneficial. It was also an area I struggled with when starting D/s because initially there wasn't a big change in things I did for B as I had always done them (I also had the luxury of being a stay at home Mom so I could focus time and energy on him). Anyway I didn't feel submissive because of what I did. To me that was my job. Now of course there are so many layers to those feelings as well. LOL.

    I understand what you mean about 'shouldn't find reassurance in that..." but why not? Of course Duke is the ultimate judge, but having backup is never a bad thing! My friend was able to help me see things I wasn't allowing myself to see. I am my own worst critic so when someone outside of our home compliments me on anything it is like the icing on the cake.

    I'm sorry you may be losing contact with this person. I know it isn't the same as you have just met them, but when I first met my friend I would have been disappointed if he went away- now I would be devastated. I hope you and Duke will be able to maintain this friendship, allowing it to grow and continue to reap the rewards as I have been fortunate to do with my friend. I know I should say 'our' but let's face it...he's mine ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, icing on the cake. :) I do really value his compliments of me, and how I'm doing at being submissive. I don't know that I won't have contact with him. Just, a talk the Duke and I had last night, I thought he was finding me delving into submission too much, and I thought I'd have to leave this site where it's really helping me find it because I was afraid it would make me want to go further into submission than the Duke would want to go. But today the Duke seems much better about it all. I love this site, it's one I haven't mentioned yet on here, but the people are amazing. The Dominants love to guide, and the submissives love to help. It's beautiful. I literally cried thinking I might have to leave. Glad I might not have to. :)

      Delete
  3. Hi EsMay,

    Wow on receiving a compliment from a Dominant. How wonderful you were able to make this connection and receive such wonderful help and advice. I'm sorry it seems you won't be able to maintain contact.

    You know, this is something I knew about you, from reading here, our emails and from the wonderful support you have shown me. You are such a caring and giving person. Your friend is blessed to have your wonderful support.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Roz. It is wonderful to find this place. The Doms are very encouraging, but have high expectations at the same time. I'm learning a lot. :) And... *blush* Thank you for the compliment. I am glad that I care reaches to the people I love. {{{hugs}}}
      Hugs, EsMay

      Delete
  4. I think you will always remember what that man said to you. There are certain compliments that mean so much to us, that they are never forgotten.

    We try to leave the world a little better every day. We can't change the big things, but we can leave our mark. The people where I volunteer tell me thank you so often, and I try to tell them that I should be the one to say thanks. Just being there fills me up with happiness and satisfaction.

    Good for you, EsMay,
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ella, I think you might be right. It surprised me, and was true, and to have someone else see it, meant a lot. I like that, we can't change the big things, but we can leave our mark. That is so true. :)
      Hugs, EsMay

      Delete
  5. I could tell that it was your personality to be a helper. The world needs more people like you. Don't be taken advantage of though, know when to say no and to whom you should say yes or no to. I love who you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *blush* Thank you, Blondie. I will do my best to make sure I do not get taken advantage of. And thankfully I have the Duke who will keep an eye out for me as well. :)
      Hugs, EsMay

      Delete

Please feel free to leave any comments, but I do ask you to be kind. We go into this with eyes wide open after months of prayer, and a peace in our hearts that this is the right choice before God for our marriage. I am open to questions from those who wonder why we made this choice, but I would ask for no personal attacks. Thank you. :)

Troll comments and spam will be deleted.