Tuesday, March 26, 2019

The Duke's Gift This Month

This month the Duke turned a year older. :)  I spent two months trying to find the right pictures and the right phrases.  He loves John Wayne.  It's a lot of how he got his name.  I love him with Maureen O'Hara.  We love McLintock!, and really liked the Quiet Man. :)  Oh, who am I kidding, any time they were in a movie together, it was magic.

So I got a friend to print these out, and I put them in our room for his birthday.  Here they all are, put up.  I was so nervous.  My heart went into this gift.  What if he didn't like it?  What if he thought the spanking one was too risqué and told me to take it down?  I had had the word spanking, but put enforcer because I thought, he enforces in many ways, and so did the Duke. :)

My Duke did ask about the spanking photo, and I told him to just tell people I picked moments I liked from their movies, and that I just found that one funny.  :P  I mean, I don't think people will honestly think too much about it if they're not into a spanking relationship.  Well... maybe they will since our locked box of toys is underneath, but that is merely coincidental.  lol  But not many people go into our room, so I'm not too concerned. :)

So, I'm glad to say, he loves his gift!  He really seems to love it. :)  I am so thankful.  It was my heart going into this gift.  It meant a LOT to me, because it's a show of our dynamic in a safe way that others can see, but not understand its depth, but a reminder every time I see it of the wonderful man I married.  The Duke. :)  The blue around the border is because we have a blue wall in our room, but also because it's the colour of the Duke's words when he writes here. :)

Here is what they look like up, and I'll provide the larger one of each below. 

Happy Birthday this month, Duke.  I love you sooo much.

The Duke's Deductions: 
Thank you soooo much for this birthday gift Esmay. It really makes me feel special to know you spent so much time thinking of a good gift that means something instead of just buying something. It feels like it is full of meaning. The pictures in black and white look really classy, and love how you used the pictures and words to illustrate the concepts.  Thank you so much.  I love you too.

OH NO. They say you rub off on each other after years of marriage, the Duke just picked up one of my bad habits. I often put "soooo much". :P  He's picking up my bad habits! :P

PS I just asked the Duke if he'd rather the bottom pictures be closer together like the top ones are. He sat and stared at them on the wall and then said "No, I like them that way. If you squint, they kind of look like a woman bent over ready for her spanking." DUKE!!!! Take all the romanticism out of it... or I guess in our case, it adds to it. LOL Silly, wonderful, man. :)

24 comments:

  1. WOW...what a creative, perfect gift! I love them....they describe our men perfectly!
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, abby. :) My heart just swells every time I've looked at it since it went up. It does describe our men so perfectly. :)
      Hugs, EsMay

      Delete
  2. Esmay, this is brilliant! Wow! I wish I had an ounce of your creativity and crafting skills. I missed that boat entirely. Love this. Soooo glad the Duke did too. There are many marriages that could use a John Wayne or two. :) Hugs -- shell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you, Shell. :) I promise, it wasn't hard. I just picked the pictures, told my paint program to add a border and typed out a word for each. :) Yes, we all definitely need a bit of John Wayne. lol
      Hugs, EsMay

      Delete
    2. 2 John Waynes sounds like a lot LOL.

      Delete
  3. What a wonderfully creative and loving (and secretly kinky) gift you made for your husband! Great job! So glad he liked it. It does look very nice! Hugs, Windy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe, Windy, love that, secretly kinky. Yep, it sure is. Can't wait until the Duke reads your comment. :) I'm so glad he liked it too. My heart was in my throat, worrying he'd tell me to take it back down.
      Hugs, EsMay

      Delete
    2. Yes its an awesome gift. :) and awesomely secretly kinky lol.

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday to Duke, EsMay ... you put a lot of thought and care into choosing and making his birthday gift ... it definitely shows your love ... Hope you also had a great time after the present presentation! :>))) ... nj ... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, NoraJean, that is just what I wanted it to do, to show my heart, to show my love for him. You know, if I remember correctly, we were flat out exhausted that night, so not much happened. But thank goodness we can have make up days later on. ;) ;)
      Hugs, EsMay

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday to the Duke! Wow EsMay, what a wonderful and creative gift. You are so clever and put a lot of thought love into this. I love that it also has a secret meaning that only you and the Duke know :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roz, I love that too, that no one else will know what those pictures mean. :) It's so special, and I'm glad he loves it as much as I loved making it for him. :)
      Hugs, EsMay

      Delete
  6. Looks like the greatest Dominant pep talk / reminder wall ! Lol. Happy that he liked it.

    Hope you had a wonderful birthday Duke.

    Willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA, willie, he reads all these comments, lol, he's going to use that idea now. lol And I think he had a good birthday, even though I ended up having to buy a cake because I ran out of time to do it with a friend needing me for an emergency. He was so good about it though. I am so blessed. :)
      EsMay

      Delete
  7. Such a special way to show your love, EsMay. The Duke is a lucky guy. Let him know we all said Happy Birthday.

    It is so exciting when you are sure you have thought of something great. Sam is a WWII history buff, and last year for our anniversary I found an authentic WWII 1943 War Bond Poster. He went nuts!

    Good for you!
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow, Ella, I can only imagine he went nuts! What a find! You must have just been buzzing waiting to give it to him. :) :) And thank you, I'll let him know and pass on the wishes. :)
      Hugs, EsMay

      Delete
  8. I love it Esmay! I showed it to the Sheriff and he thought it was great too! Happy Birthday Duke!

    Boo and Sheriff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boo, aw, that's awesome. Did you give him the details about it? lol Glad you both liked. :)
      Hugs, EsMay

      Delete
    2. Ha! Well actually, Esmay, that was part of our discussion this morning! See how brave you are helpjng me be?

      Hugs
      Boo

      Delete
    3. HAhaha, Boo. Always glad to be of service. :)
      EsMay

      Delete
  9. What a great gift. You were very creative and thoughtful. Tell Duke "Happy Birthday"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Blondie. :) I will make sure to pass on your wishes. :)
      Hugs, EsMay

      Delete
  10. what a wonderful gift...happy belated birthday to the Duke :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Terps. :) Because I didn't want people to know the Duke's actual birthday, this is actually after it. :)
      EsMay

      Delete

Please feel free to leave any comments, but I do ask you to be kind. We go into this with eyes wide open after months of prayer, and a peace in our hearts that this is the right choice before God for our marriage. I am open to questions from those who wonder why we made this choice, but I would ask for no personal attacks. Thank you. :)

Troll comments and spam will be deleted.