Sunday, March 31, 2019

Questions Answered

Here are three questions we got, and the answers to them. :)

Roz: How did you and the Duke meet?
We met at church, actually.  He was going to a small church that they wanted to have a children's program for.   Instead of having two people out every week, they hired me to look after the kids, and only one church member had to help me each week.  Even though the Duke didn't have children, he started visiting the children's area more and more. ;)   I ran a group for Christian singles in our area.  One a month we did gym games night, one night a month we did a book study or board games night, and one night a month we went out to do something like bowling, bumper cars, mini golf, etc.  So I invited him to come to that.  We became friends, and out side of singles nights and church, we started chatting on MSN chat.  Then he showed up at my door one evening.  My door bell that NEVER worked, EVER, all the sudden rang.  And it was him at the door.  We were both so nervous to be alone, that we spent 4 hours talking about my cat, and the dog he grew up with.  4 hours, people.  4 hours.  I thought we'd never talk again.  It was sooooo embarrassingly painful.  But, the next time it was easier to talk about other things.  Yes, the poor man came back.  lol  18 months or so after meeting, we started dating. :)  When we started to get serious, I talked to two couples I knew, one where the woman is four years older like I am, and one where the woman was ten years older.  I wanted to know how that affected the relationship.  I also talked to my friends.  I'd dated and almost married another guy, only to find out everyone hated him.  EVERYONE.  I needed their feedback.  They all loved the Duke.  And I could tell they were sincere. :)  Not quite a year after we started dating, we were married. :)   And here we are now, 11 years married. :)

Roz: What is your favourite thing to do together (non sex/spanking related lol).
Sure, Roz, go ahead, take all the fun out of the question. :P  No spanking or sex.  :P  Hmmm, that is a good one.  I'm not sure what my favourite is.  Probably cuddling up to him so that we can watch a movie together.  I love when his arms are around me.  I love it.  But I also love going out with him to just sit and talk over a nice meal, which we don't get to do often.  I love hearing what he thinks and feels on things.  Oh, and we're recently studying some books together, we did this much earlier in our marriage, and I'm finding I'm really liking it. :) 

Ella: How do you and the Duke deal with one or the other of you being sick? It always seems to let us slip back into bad habits.
We have learned, the hard way, that letting the dynamic we live slip to the back can be very bad for us too.  The Duke used to think that because I wasn't feeling well, I shouldn't be held accountable, but then we'd see how I'd spiral out of control, feeling lost, and not sure what to do with myself.  I made this list, and even though we don't really look at it now, getting the ideas into our heads really helped.  Submission Exercises - When Sick. We still aren't as on with our dynamic when we're sick, it's just too tiring, and we have things that need our attention more.  Like, sleeping. lol  We do try to keep checking in with each other every few days, but by the time we're both better, we usually need a reset/reconnect spanking and talking session so that we're back on the same page quickly.  I hope it was okay to share the link with you, instead of printing it all back out here. :)  Sometimes the best thing the Duke can do for me, and for us in our dynamic, is to look at me, and tell me "I don't want you doing anything right now.  I want you to rest.  I'll even grab supper on the way home."  So then rest isn't just an option for when I've tired myself out, it's an order. :)  I don't have to worry about what's not getting done, I just have to worry about obeying. :)

Thank you guys for the questions, and to all my readers, please know, you can ask me/us questions any time you like. :)  Comments on here are easiest, but you can also write us as esmayslife @ gmail.com.  Hopefully I will know it's not spam, but just in case, please feel free to put the following in the subject line so I know for sure. :)
EsMay-A-Question?? ??

8 comments:

  1. Hi EsMay,

    I enjoyed reading this. Thank you for answering my questions. Your answer to the first question made me smile :) expecially the story about the Duke's first visit :)

    Thank you also for sharing your ideas on how to maintain the dynamic during sickness. That is something that is difficult to manage for all of us.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Roz. It was such a painful visit. It's amazing he came back. lol And yeah, being sick and staying on track, so hard. We only try because of how hard it is to get back if we don't, because sometimes here sickness can last a month or more. I hope the ideas help some people. :)
      Hugs, EsMay

      Delete
  2. fun to read your questions and answers...I guess I missed March question and answer month...though I am honestly never very good at coming up with good questions to ask anyway. :-) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Terps. :) I know what you mean, I struggle with what to ask people for questions at times too. :)
      EsMay

      Delete
  3. Sorry I am so late reading here, EsMay. We were out of town and had lots of fun. I am taking a break from the mountain of laundry to catch up in blogland. I enjoyed your post AND the link too.

    Hugs From Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally understand. I have been MIA from blogland as well. I am glad that you liked the link. I hope something in there will help you. :)
      Hugs, EsMay

      Delete
  4. How sweet your story is. We met in a bar, church sounds much nicer. Lol I am so happy that you and Duke are so good together. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blondie, I think where you met is perfect. You and Ty are so good together too, you have such a great marriage. You could have met over a gas pump, and it would still be perfect because you guys are so great. :) Love you too. :)
      Hugs, EsMay

      Delete

Please feel free to leave any comments, but I do ask you to be kind. We go into this with eyes wide open after months of prayer, and a peace in our hearts that this is the right choice before God for our marriage. I am open to questions from those who wonder why we made this choice, but I would ask for no personal attacks. Thank you. :)

Troll comments and spam will be deleted.