Sunday, March 24, 2019

Because I Choose To

The idea for today's post was helped by a book, Conquer Me by Kacie Cunningham.  We got this book three years ago, and for that time, it's sat in our collection of toys and implements.  I read the first couple chapters, but it didn't resonate with me.  It was talked about in chat a couple of weeks ago, and we decided to bring it back out.  Well, I should have read further, because chapter 4 and on spoke to my heart, reached out and grabbed me and isn't letting go.  I'm about to start chapter nine, and let me tell you, I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!


In chapter 4, she talks about a thought I have thought a lot on, but reading it in her book, really brought the thought sharper into focus for me.

A unwilling submissive asks "Do I have to?"
Her dominant answers "No. You choose to."

And my heart flips in my chest, and yearning bubbles to the surface.  I almost can't breathe, that need, it's overwhelming and smoothers me.  YES.  Yes, a million times over, again and again.  YES.

I may not want to do something the Duke asks or demands of me, but I choose to.  I am rarely punished, so let's use that as the example.  Do I want to lay across the bed, making sure my butt is stuck as high in the air as possible, making it an easy target for punishment when he tells me to?  To stay in complete position no matter how much it hurts and how longs it goes because he says I will not move?  To know I'm not allowed to control any part of my punishment, nor beg him to go easier?  To face how much I've failed in something that was expected of me?  Do I want all this?  NO.  Do I have to submit to all this?  No.  My submission is a gift, it is not forced.  I could choose to say no.  But then I'd undo everything.  I'd lose everything.  It's not worth what I would sacrifice, in me, in him, in us.

So, I choose to say yes.  Again and again.  Every time.

I choose to give my submission to the Duke.  I choose to let him decide what he needs from us.  What he specifically needs from me.  I choose to let him tell me what to do, to demand what he wishes from me.  I choose this dynamic, and I choose this control he has over me.  I choose to, because I choose to give the Duke the power to make me do whatever he wants to, in this instance and every other.  I choose to submit, to bend my will to his, to obey even when it's difficult, to accept punishment even when it's going to really hurt.  I choose it all, because I choose him, in this role, over me.

I literally feel that in a dominant saying "You choose to" in this dynamic, he is essentially saying "You choose to because I choose you to, and you choose to obey me.  When you chose to obey me, you chose to want to do the things I want you to do, because you have decided that in obeying me, that what I find important, you will find important.  I want you to do this, and since you want to please me, since you want to obey me, you want to do this too."  That is what I hear in my head when I have the choice.  And FRIG, if that isn't HOT!  And frig, if it doesn't send the submissive side of me into a complete puddle. 

Now that the Duke knows this, now that I've seen the smirk when I shared it with him last night, something tells me I might just have those words said to me at some point. lol  Is it wrong that I want him to call out this side of me?  To demand that I remember my choice in it all?  To feed that feeling of almost helpless vulnerability as I offer myself up to him?  This is what I want, no matter how hard it is to do.  It's what I crave down to my core.

I may not always want to do what the Duke asks/demands of me.  But yet, I do, because obeying him, making him proud of me, submitting me to him, that's my happy place.  And I will want and do anything to be in that place.

I didn't highlight much in the first three chapters, but then in chapters 4 and on, this happened! :)  I underlined what I liked, and I completely highlighted what resonated in my soul.  There are already a few other things I've read so far that I want to blog about.  So you will be seeing this book in a few posts.  I purposefully blurred the photos so that people can't read what is written because I thought that wasn't fair to the author.  But if you want a copy, paperback or ebook, you can get them here and other places.  I highly suggest getting the paperback and highlighting it like I am, and then getting your other half to read it, and talk each chapter over.  This book was written for female submissives, because she is one, and that is her point of view.

Conquer Me - Kacie Cunningham
On Amazon.ca
On Amazon.com

The Duke's Deductions:
First off, I think this is a really great book. I am glad Esmay found a book that resonates with her, and that she can relate to. Sometimes in this life you can feel alone, and if you aren't in agreement with the people you talk to it can really feel lonely, so I am glad Esmay found something she really relates to. This is a really great chapter. Submissives aren't being forced against their will to do things. They want to obey their Dom. It may be something that she doesn't want to do, but the feeling she will get knowing she is obeying will outweigh that. The idea of a submissive doing something she doesn't want to do, because she wants to obey her Dom is a really hot idea.  It is a good reminder for me as well that sometimes I just need to give Esmay orders or instructions, not for my sake, but for hers. Which in the long run is better for me as well if it leads to her being more submissive and our relationship being strengthened.

Guess I'm not the only one who found this idea hot. :P  Good to know. :)

Going to do our post on or around March 28th, so if you have any more questions for us, we'd love to hear them.  About our dynamic, our marriage, our lives, what have you.  It can be just for me, for the Duke, or for both of us. :)  We have a few questions already, and thank you for those that already sent some in. :)  We'd love more if you have any questions for us, though we hope you always feel free to ask questions, even when we don't offer. :)

14 comments:

  1. I think one of the most powerful verbs in the English language is "to choose". Your choices may be the difference between bad and very bad, but there is still a choice.

    Sometimes I feel that in our fight to be considered equal, we forget that we should also be cherished, that our HOH is not an enemy but a partner who cherishes us. I will always choose to be cherished by my Sheriff. That is my choice.

    BTW, I love that you and the Duke choose to do this together. Duke, you help give me insight into my Sheriff. Thank you!

    Boo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boo, I never thought of it that way, but I think you are right. It is very powerful to be able to choose. And wow, that is great insight. I have seen some submissives turn their HoH's into enemies, and I like how you say your goal is to be cherished. I had never really considered the enemy part exactly that way. You have given me much food for thought, and it goes right along with a post I'm already working on. Will email you to see if can use this train of thought with it. :)
      I told the Duke you thanked him, and he was glad. :)
      Hugs, EsMay

      Delete
    2. No need to email, of course you can my friend!

      Delete
    3. Thank you, and to be honest, I totally forgot to write, and forgot all about this post, it's been soooo busy. LOL I'll have to add this to the post I'm working on. Thank you. :)
      EsMay

      Delete
  2. This is a book in my D/S library as well, EsMay ... along with The Heart of Dominance by Anton Fulmen - written for the dominant but just as enlightening for the submissive.

    Great that you are getting so much out of Kacie's book. Sounds like all is going well for you and Duke these days. Stay healthy and spanky! :>)) ... nj ... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, so much, NoraJean. :) We took a look at that book tonight, and it looks really good from what we can tell. :) We're going to order it. :) I didn't see anywhere on the book write up that submissives could read it, and wrote you an email forgetting you said it was enlightening, that is good to know. I'd like to read it too, but only if it would be good for me to know the book as well. :) I know sometimes knowing what the dominant knows can be harder because then we're waiting, and expecting, and I don't want to do that to him. :) And yes, things are going well. We are definitely feeling the need and challenge to grow. It seems all consuming at times, this need to push forward.
      Hugs, EsMay

      Delete
  3. Hi EsMay, this sounds like an interesting book, glad you found something that resonates with you. Great post, submission is a choice. I love the distinction between wanting to and choosing to.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roz, I am definitely loving it. :) And yes, I love that distinction too... it just, there is something about being demanded to do something, and there is something about choosing as well, it's a heady mixture. :)
      Hugs, EsMay

      Delete
  4. I think I would like to read both the book you wrote about and the one NJ mentioned, too. It's a lot to think about, but interesting to one who is always seeking to find her submissive side.

    Hugs From Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ella, we have decided we are going to get the book that NoraJean mentioned, as well as another book that was listed on Amazon along with it, The Loving Dominant. We're going to look them over a bit this week. We were going to order paperbacks, but it's 2.5x more to do that, so we're going to see how well we can highlight the kindle versions. :) I hear you on always trying to find the submissive side. I love mine, but sometimes she isn't fed enough, and I'm learning some beautiful ways to do that. :)
      Hugs, EsMay

      Delete
  5. First of all "Rarely get punished?" Pfft! Bwahahaaaa...but it's your blog so I'll roll with it.

    As you know, we have read and reread this book countless times over the years, and have many underline sections in it. Also my point last week in chat when I was having a 'discussion' with a certain individual about slaves/subs and 'choosing'. You know the comment, "Submissives constantly choose while. slaves choose once"? We all constantly choose. Not the lifestyle but to submit. Those times when we don't choose and it is automatic, well those times I don't find are that big of a deal. Many believe that is the end goal, I know B and another friend love to watch the internal struggle at times when things are 'asked' of their submissives. That to them is a turn on. Not that they want to constantly fight it out with us, but that feeling of she doens't want to yet she does.

    On a bigger more personal level, I choose because it is who I am. I choose my authentic self over my fear of what he asks, what will happen if I don't, or what will happen if I do. THAT is why I choose.

    willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. willie, you may be right. ;) I guess I used to be rarely punished, lol, and haven't in a few weeks, but I guess I have been punished more lately, like, probably more in the past couple months than the past 6 years! LOL Hmm, might have to rethink my thinking on that. LOL

      Yes, I found it very disturbing to think that submission is only chosen once... it just... didn't seem to show any understanding of the submissive mindset. Part of being submissive is finding that struggle, embracing it, and choosing to... not sure if surrender is the right word, but to bow their wants to what their Masters want. It is one thing I love about being submissive, that inner struggle, that choosing over wanting.

      The Duke LOVES watching my internal struggle to submit too. When I want to fight, or challenge, and digest it in myself that I can, in fact, obey. That I can give in and be submissive, to him, and what he wants and desires of me. Even if I find it embarrassing or hard to do.

      I completely agree on the choosing because it's who I am. I've always been this way, even as a child. My dad will tell stories of how I was submissive and obedient to a degree he never in any other child, even when it was really hard for me to. He said it was like I needed to obey.

      EsMay

      Delete
  6. I definitely need to check this book out. I have always believed that my submission is my choice because I want this relationship. My submission comes from my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blondie, doesn't it feel great when it comes from the heart? I can see you liking this book. :) I haven't read it all, so I can't say for sure, but I'm loving it so far. :)
      Hugs, EsMay

      Delete

Please feel free to leave any comments, but I do ask you to be kind. We go into this with eyes wide open after months of prayer, and a peace in our hearts that this is the right choice before God for our marriage. I am open to questions from those who wonder why we made this choice, but I would ask for no personal attacks. Thank you. :)

Troll comments and spam will be deleted.