Saturday, August 18, 2018

Sometimes It's So Hard Hiding It All

We had family over a couple weeks ago.  They didn't bring their air mattress like they usually do, and had only one small cot for several children.  So we gave them our mattress.  They didn't want to stay up in our room, so we took it down to wear everyone was staying in our wreck room.  I didn't think anything of it until the Duke and I pulled the mattress up to move it, and there were the straps for our under the bed kit.  I had to whip it towards me and then down to the floor behind the bed where no one could see from the doorway.  I keep forgetting to set it back up since then... but the Duke will probably want to use it soon, so I have to get on that.

We have always said that if anyone ever found it while staying in our room (with parents moved in, we now have no guest room and often give up our room for family), we would just tell them that it used to have hooks and we used it to hold the fitted sheets down. :P  I am not a person who lies, I avoid it like the plague, but we'd probably tell that lie about this.  Maybe.  Still not sure.

Yet, part of me just wants to yell it from the mountain top.  I like kink, and yes, we keep a restraint kit under our mattress, and I love it.  I love being tied to it, and having to take whatever it is the Duke decides he wants to give me.  And I am not ashamed of it, not one little bit. 

My hiding it has absolutely nothing to do with me, and everything to do with wanting to keep a safe environment for our daughter where people aren't saying mean things to her about her parents, and because we know not everyone would be okay hearing this about us.  Still, I feel we get closer and closer to a world where someday we can admit that, as easily as we admit we're having sex with our spouse.  Someday. :)  Though, by then, I'll probably be too old to be tied up to much of anything. ;) 

For now though, two close friends know we practice DD/light BDSM and D/s, and I have a feeling I'll be sharing with another friend before long.  At least in their cases, I can be a bit more free. :)

Quick question - realized we have quite a few "toys".  Do you think anyone would be interested in reviews if we did one or two a month from our own opinions?  Just an idea, and I wouldn't be offended at all if no one likes the idea. :)

Hope you all have a great weekend.  Esmay

6 comments:

  1. Hi Esmay, we too wish it was not necessary to keep quiet about it all. Great idea to review toys,
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan! :) Someday I hope we can all be more open. :) Someday. :) And yeah, I really think it would be fun, if not a bit awkward at first, to review them. :) :)
      Hugs, EsMay

      Delete
  2. The toy review is a great idea! There is nothing worse than taking up room in a toy box with something you don't like while the perfect item is sitting on a shelf in someone else's bedroom! :)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL True. :) We have found some pretty cool ones over time. :) Some, not so much. But we live and learn. :)
      EsMay

      Delete
  3. Hi EsMay, I like the toy review idea. It's always a worry with guests that they will see something they shouldn't. It would be so great if we could just be open and be ourselves wouldn't it?

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Roz. I'd really like to try them. :) And yes, we don't have to worry much because we have a locked chest now, but still, there are a few things that might give things away. :) Some part of me just wishes the mistake would be made, and a larger part of me doesn't. lol
      Hugs, EsMay

      Delete

Please feel free to leave any comments, but I do ask you to be kind. We go into this with eyes wide open after months of prayer, and a peace in our hearts that this is the right choice before God for our marriage. I am open to questions from those who wonder why we made this choice, but I would ask for no personal attacks. Thank you. :)

Troll comments and spam will be deleted.