Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Do They Know?

The Duke knows I love him.  I show it to him, in a hundred different ways.  But I've been thinking a lot lately on the power of words.  A lot of times, I'll tell the Duke why I love him, but I wonder how much gets absorbed in the moment.  So I've been working on emails lately.

What has surprised me in this exercise is how much I'm learning for myself from this.  The more I focus on the good things to say to him, the more I'm seeing how truly blessed I am.  I mean, I know I'm blessed, he spoils me rotten, but it still awed me when really focusing on it and made the love and submission grow.

I don't tend to share the intimates of the Duke and I here, but with his permission, I'm sharing a few of the emails I sent to him while we were each at work last week.  It never crossed my mind when writing them that anyone but the Duke would ever see them, so it does weird me out a bit to share.... but I feel like I should share as well...

"Being over your knee makes me feel like you are in charge. Yes, sometimes I am frightened because pain can be hard to take, but I am not frightened of you. When I go over your lap, I know that from there on in I will get no say as to how things will happen. I know that I'm letting go of my say, and must now accept all that you decide to dish out.

When you use that no nonsense voice of yours and tell me to settle, or that I am nor allowed to clench my cheeks, or to put my feet down, I feel 100% that I am under you control, my heart feels completely owned by an outside force - you. I know in that moment I have to obey, or be punished. I feel I must bow, and give in to your wishes. I cannot really explain it except to say that my heart is owned by you, to be played by you however you see fit, it feels as you wish it to feel.

I love you, and am so glad it's you that has taken control of me. I hope to learn soon to be able to take a longer and harder spanking for you. I hope to learn to release better and allow more tears. I hope to give you confidence and help build you up because I see the gem you are, even if you can't see it yourself.

Love you. xoxox
"

And another email.

"I love you so much. You make me feel so special, so cherished, so loved, so fragile, so vulnerable, so wanted. Thank you for loving me enough to know the things I need, and for asking in the times you don't. I can't believe how much I have come to love you, and being with you.

I love you. Love, your EsMay" - {substituted my blog name in.}

In DD, it can be so easy, at least in the beginning, to find a lot of flaws in our spouses.  It can be easy to focus on our own needs that aren't being met and get frustrated with them.  But I've learned something.  When we stop looking at us, and start looking at them, we become happier.  We start looking to please them instead of being pleased.  But something wonderful also happens.  In doing this, we give them encouragement.  We boost them up.  We show that we love them, success or failure, we're there, to stay.  We show them we have faith in them, and that we believe they can do anything.  We show them they have value, and that they mean the world to us.  And in that, they start wanting to be a better person, they meet you in meeting your needs like you're meeting them in their needs.  It's a beautiful give and take that happens. 

So, if you haven't already this week, or even today, maybe you could let your loved one know how much they mean to you.  And how thankful you are that they are there in your life.  Don't do this with a hidden agenda.  Don't do this expecting something in return.  Do this with no other thought or hope than that it will bless their heart to hear/see your words.  You might find that in blessing them, you are blessed as well, if for no other reason, than knowing you helped make them feel special and loved. :)

- The Duke's Deductions:
Thank you so much EsMay for your kind words to me. I have been really thankful for these emails from EsMay. Usually she has been sending them to me while I am at work. My work is pretty stressful, and it takes a lot out of me emotionally and mentally (not physically though as I sit at a computer all day for my job). It is really encourage to find out in the midst of that stress that I am so loved by EsMay, and it makes me feel better about myself. These emails make me feel more in charge, and more powerful. When I read her words describing being over my knee, I feel more in control, and more confident. I feel that my own words will carry a weight and authority that they didn't before. I realize that I am in authority over another person, another human being. I feel as if I own EsMay, that she belongs to me. I feel strong, and I think it makes me a better HoH.

25 comments:

  1. "When we stop looking at us, and start looking at them, we become happier."
    "Don't do this with a hidden agenda. Don't do this expecting something in return. Do this with no other thought or hope than that it will bless their heart to hear/see your words."

    There is so much wisdom in those few words. Ward and I build on selflessness and reciprocity.

    And we actually had a conversation kind of like this today, talking about something or other....I told him that I love to do things for him, and that when I see how much he appreciates those things, when I see how much he loves me, and what he does for me, I want to do more for him, not because I expect something back - but because it fills me to overflowing and I want to give that feeling to him. What a lovely circle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, June, for your kind words. And I love what you wrote here. I feel the same, full to overflowing and waning to give that back. :) It is, indeed, a lovely circle. :)

      Delete
  2. That is such a beautiful email, EsMay. Thanks for sharing. I could practically copy and paste that email to my husband and sign it from me. I have so many of the same feelings and sentiments that you do, and I try to show appreciation for my husband whenever I can. We are certainly blessed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Autumn. It is always good to show appreciation for our husbands. :)

      Delete
  3. EsMay, I think that the mails you wrote to the Duke express so much of what I also feel and am grateful for, because hubby also creates these feelings in me, and often enough I don’t have a good way of telling him. Often I can only try to show him, so that he can really know how much I love him. What you wrote about looking at our HoHs is so very true. Lol, according to what I keep currently writing in my own blog, I am an awful sub, but nevertheless, I agree completely with you. Looking at them, pleasing our HoHs, showing love and encouragement is what we should do and it makes the one who matters most, happier and with that we also become happier. Being in a relationship should never be about being selfish, but in a DD-relationship I think it is far easier to live in a giving way.
    I absolutely enjoyed what you wrote about meeting needs and that it is a beautiful give and take. I am still nodding eagerly, because this fulfillment of needs is what hubby and I experience too.

    hugs

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nina. DD can be easier to live in a giving way if we work at it. I don't think it comes naturally to give, but thankfully it is something that can be worked on, and fed, until it does become second nature. :)

      Delete
  4. Wow Es May, what a beautiful email. You two are certainly blessed :)

    This really touched me and made me smile. Thank you for sharing. I also agree with June, very wise words and so beautifully said.

    I think it's important to show love and appreciation for each other and it can be done in many small and not so small ways every day. I try to show my love and appreciation for Rick at every opportunity.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we were struggling about 3 months into ttwd, I had a late night conversation with Rick and Roz. It was after this conversation that I decided to write Barney a letter . A thank you letter. It actually wasn't really Dd based. I thanked him for everything I could recall ( and like you I shared it on my blog).
      Not only did it help him, it helped me tremendously! Remember all the wonderful things about his man I love.
      I highly recommend it ( as I have done in the past year) to many women~ especially when they are struggling with their spouses regardless of they type of relationship they have.

      Delete
    2. Roz, the beautiful thin about you, is how much you do show your love and appreciation for Rick, and seeing it so much on the page, I can only imagine how much that translates into real life examples. :) You are a wonderful example to us all. :) {{{hugs}}}

      Willie, it really does help us out when we remember all the reasons we love the person we're with, instead of focusing on all the things we wish we could change.

      Delete
  5. You two are so awesome....I hope you have some inkling how much you help others. I have sent emails to Master for a while....mostly because I feel I can express my emotions better in them....yours are beautiful.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, abby, thank you... your words truly humble me. I hope we can help someone out there, even one struggling couple. It would all be worth it. And it is true about letting writing, sometimes it is easier to put something down on paper than to utter those words past our lips. I am not sure it is this way, but it is so wonderful we have both options. :)

      Delete
  6. Dear EsMay,
    This is wonderful advice-I try really to do exactly what you said; let him know how much he means to me & how his dominance makes me feel in order to give him more confidence & boost him up which then gives him what he needs to thrive & he is then because he has what he needs he is able to give me what I need & it becomes a wonderful cycle of give & take. Prior to DD my focus was not on the good & that ales me feel so sad because there has always been more good than bad, I was just focused on the wrong area before & the cycle we were in before was NOT one I would EVER want to go back to. Thankfully, we are now on the same page so going back is not something that either of us would want and we are both committed to moving forward & only improving our give and take ; )
    I am going to send him an email right now! Thanks again!
    Love,
    Scarlet ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you went and sent him an email. :) What a blessing that will be to him. :) And I do think it is human nature to notice what we don't have, notice what is going wrong, than what we do have, and what is going wrong. I mean, admit it. If walk into a spotless kitchen, but see footprints on the floor, what will you notice first? The sparkling chrome and are cupboards, or the few spots of dirt on the floor? But thankfully we can grow and over come those. :) And it sounds like you have. :)

      Delete
  7. "When we stop looking at us and start looking at them" such wise words. You two are such great role models for everyone out here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All these compliments from everyone are making me blush. With this cold though, I can just blame it on that! ;) hehehe Thank you, for your kind words. :)

      Delete
  8. Lovely words EsMay, he is a lucky Duke.
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful post, and I made sure to email my husband today. I do most days, I love that we stay in contact throughout the day. I loved the emails you sent, and I love that you shared it. It's so important to build our husbands up too, I didn't always do that, but I know how important that is now, they need to hear that they're doing a good job too. I hope you know who many the two of you are going to help. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jennelle. As above, I am very humbled by your words. I do hope we can help at least one couple out there. Our journey was certainly bumpy, would be nice to make it a bit smoother for someone else if they can avoid some of our pitfalls. :)

      Delete
  10. Beautiful post, EsMay and Duke! What a special thing you two have going! Good for you both I say! Thank you for sharing all of this with us. Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Katie, it really is turning out ot be something very special. I only dreamed of a love like this, and so happy it's really happening. :) {{{hugs}}}

      Delete
  11. I couldn't have said it better EsMay! You both really GET what DD is about...so very proud of you!

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why, but hearing you say that, really touches me, thank you. :) {{{hugs}}}

      Delete
  12. This is perfectly stated, and truly from the heart. Thank you both for such a thoughtful post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, River. :) And at the same time, you're welcome. :)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave any comments, but I do ask you to be kind. We go into this with eyes wide open after months of prayer, and a peace in our hearts that this is the right choice before God for our marriage. I am open to questions from those who wonder why we made this choice, but I would ask for no personal attacks. Thank you. :)

Troll comments and spam will be deleted.