Saturday, March 08, 2014

A Homemade Flogger


So, we have family visiting us a few different times over the next couple of months.  Usually that is no biggie, but for the past couple of weeks I've been more hormonal.  I skipped more than one cycle, and this happens when I do that.  I've been crying at the drop of a hat, and got angry twice in the past week.  I need a bit more care than usual, and the Duke even said at the beginning of the week, that for now, he wondered if we should be going back to daily spankings until my hormones even out.  He got sick, so we didn't look at the idea, but I do wonder if he is right.

With this in mind, and the fact that family will be visiting, I decided we needed an implement that is near silent.  I did some looking around, and decided a flogger was the way to go.  I went shopping, and found this clothes line rope, it's soft but heavy.  I knotted each length three times, and made 12 lengths.  I had made a practice flogger, and cut the ends off close to the last knot, and close to the handle... but I liked the way it frayed, so I left it on the final one I did.  It doesn't do anything for how it hits, just kind of looked pretty.  lol


The handle I made all pink, but now I'm wishing kind of that I'd made it like the practice one I'd made, with two colours instead of one. :)  But oh well, at least seeing this will give you an idea of how the handle is made, it's made of a special knots, and one colour always stays on one side, and the other colour on the opposite side.


So, if you ever have a chance to make one... I'm not sure if I'd suggest it or not!  lol  The Duke already tried it out on me, and right away I wanted to unmake it, and stated as much.  The Duke was not near as sympathetic as I wanted him to be, and said emphatically "No, we are keeping it."  I think proceeded to tell him that since I made it, I could unmake it.  Let me tell you, I was warned that I had better behave.  HUMPH!  *sniff*  My poor bottom.  It is however, very quiet, which is what I wanted... so I guess it will serve it's purpose... yikes.

He has reexamined the carpet beater and loopy I made last year... they are rejoining our implements!!!  NO FAIR. :(  I should have been allowed to throw them out when he went down to the two paddles only... :(  (and I have two more in the mail for his birthday present, he had to know about them to okay the extra spending in money)


Here they all are, I am thankful for the flogger over the other two... just wish he'd not pulled out the other two again. :(  I hadn't really thought of them, and the lesson I learned in making my own implements, that is a lesson I have learned, AGAIN.  lol

The Duke is sick today, so he's not really going to put in any input today.  Let's just say my butt received his input on this last night, and today, and he seemed a lot too happy about it!  lol   He tried it softer too, and I have to agree with him, it'll be good for a good girl spanking too. :)  At least I get something good out of it. ;)

Last chance to add questions for our 200th post if you'd like to ask one and haven't yet. :)  I know everyone is already doing questions for March, but we didn't know about that when we decided to do them for our 200th post, so we would still like to do it then.  We'd love your questions, as long as they are respectful, they can be about anything.  Our faith, our marriage, our DD dynamic, our life, our hobbies, or what have you. :)  Thank you everyone for the questions so far. 

29 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, you're so creative! You should make a Pinterest page of spanking implements ;) I'm not crafty at all, so I'm pretty impressed when someone home makes anything, but I have to say I've never seen a homemade tawse before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, maybe I will one day, but there are so many others that are more qualified than me. :) Thank you, though. :)

      Delete
  2. Ummm...wow...you are brave to make your own implements! Tom said something today about flogging me and I replied that he doesn't have a flogger. He replied, "Oh. I'll make one!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL They're actually not that bad. That's the homemade you have to watch out for though! ;) Once someone realizes they can make one implement, they realize how many they can make on their own. ;)

      Delete
    2. Tom has already mentioned numerous times that he'd rather make his own implements. And he's been eyeing one of the bushes outside and talking about a switch. He is a very resourceful man-I see lots of homemade implements in our future!

      Delete
    3. LOL Well hopefully it is a bush with lots of switches, because from what I understand, you either have to soak them a lot, or always get new ones because they're supposed to be nice and bendy. lol

      Delete
  3. YES!!!! I have a question!!! Will you please do a step by step tutorial for the loopy johnny you made and the flogger (especially the flogger.) I was told to make one for SM as part of ??? Actually I have no idea why I was told to do it. I should ask him what the occasion was as I have forgotten... Oh wait, maybe it was an anniversary gift for him? I bet that was it! Gasp!!! and I never made it!!!

    Okay and now for a normal question... wait is there such a thing when talking about DD related things? *giggle* Oh, so my question is... what is the number one thing you still struggle with regarding DD/submission?

    love
    sara :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will try to get that tutorial out this week. :) And thank you for the question. :)

      Delete
  4. WOW...floggers are my favorite....yours look great....you could start a business.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, abby, I am not sure they are that good, but it makes me feel good that you think so. :)

      Delete
  5. Those are awesome! Very creative. Maybe you should start a side business :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Betsy. Not sure I'm up to that... they aren't really that good, but thank you.

      Delete
  6. I was ordered to make a flogger out of one of my husband's belts, it is very quiet and quite effective! It really stings though!!!!!
    Blessings,
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, never thought of that, did you just cut the bet into strips? Did you have to do anything to the strips once cut?

      Delete
  7. Wow EsMay, great job! I love the colors :-) How are those knots treating you? I wasn't brave enough to use them in mine, so I burned the ends with a lighter. Glad you can use them for gg spankings too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, River. :) Actually, in my research I heard burned edges are a lot harder and sting more than knots, so I'm guessing if those are okay for you, then the knots would be as well. ;) I think they do a good job.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the info, now I need to make another one :-)

      Delete
  8. You are very talented EsMay...all I have to say is...hope you are very well behaved and only receive GG spankings with those! :D

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Es May, I'm sorry I have missed some of your previous posts. I am now way behind in blogland and just now trying to catch up. Hopefully I will get the change to do some back reading :)

    Oh my goodness, making your own implements? Are you mad? lol. Seriously, it looks fantastic and I love the colours. You have so talented and creative. I'm afraid crafts and I just don't mix .. sigh. I'm with Cat, I hope you only receive GG spankings with the flogger!

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I might be slightly crazy. ;) And don't you worry about catching up with my blog. I'm okay, and I'm sure you're okay, if you miss some, or a lot. :) {{{hugs}}}

      Delete
  10. EsMay, I am so sorry to hear that you are not in balance at the moment and I hope this changes soon to the better again. I also hope that the Duke will recover quickly. I think in these moments, when we are too restless, maintenance really can help a lot and I loved that the Duke also thought that way. I hope so much that these troubles will melt away quickly.
    EsMay, I think that the flogger you made is cool. I loved it when I saw it, but at first only because of the colours, they are among my favourites. I also admit that I thought it a bit scary, because of the knots in it. Stingy?! But it’s great that you can use these self-made implements for good-girl spankings too. That definitely sounds lovely :)

    hugs

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nina, it does sting, I won't lie, but in a way I need probably. Though after the first time he really uses it, I might take a knife to it! ;)

      Delete
  11. Oh Esmay you are so talented. I am with Sara, we need a pattern and step by step instructions for these.
    love Jan.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heheh, okay, I promise. :) I'm hoping to on Thursday night. :) If not, it will be sometime next week. :)

      Delete
  12. EsMay, could you email me please? ward_june@ymail.com? I make some things out of coax and I am making some others this week, and I'm interested in how you made the carpet beater and your handle - I love it! I French whip my handles, but I like yours much better :) Thanks :)

    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I emailed you, but it still would seem weird to not reply to your comment and answer all the rest. :) So yep, even though I already have, lol, I can email you. ;)

      Delete
  13. Wow EsMay! :) You are a brave gal!! I'm not too sure I will be introducing Rob to do-it-yourself weapons of a$$ destruction! Especially quiet ones. I won't be showing him this post! LOL.

    Seriously though- these are really great looking. I like the colors that you have there as well. Very talented implement maker and I think that you could perhaps go into a little business. :) Hope that the Duke is feeling much better soon! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie, he is on the mend. :) And I'm glad you like them. :)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave any comments, but I do ask you to be kind. We go into this with eyes wide open after months of prayer, and a peace in our hearts that this is the right choice before God for our marriage. I am open to questions from those who wonder why we made this choice, but I would ask for no personal attacks. Thank you. :)

Troll comments and spam will be deleted.