Saturday, January 25, 2014

HoH Day! :)

I want to do an HoH Day, and want to invite you all to play along. 

We have just gotten over the holidays, a time our HoH's really helped step up for many of us, and got us through a time that is usually way more stressful than it was this year.

Also, it's storm season for many of us, and between seasonal depressions, being stuck inside, and cold and flu season, it's just been a bit blah for a lot of us.  What better to get us out of a blah than spending some time thinking of honouring those amazing men in our lives?  :)

So on February 1st, next Saturday, I plan on having an HoH Day here, and invite you to all do the same in your homes.  If you want to play along, here are the suggested rules, but these are SUGGESTIONS, make it your own. :)

1. Write a post, and include at least three things in it.  They should be ways you are truly thankful for your HoH, or ways your life has changed for the better now that he is your HoH, how you feel loved by this or that that he does.  You get the picture.  List as many as you want, but try to have at least three, and give reasons why you feel that way.  ie, "You holding me gives me tingles because I feel so safe in your large and strong arms, knowing you'll protect me from anyone, and anything."  I know some of you are struggling with inconsistent HoH's, but there are still things you can thank them for. :)

2.  Now either read your post to your HoH, or let him read it.

3.  Do at least one thing for him, something at home that is extra special just for him.  Ideas could be:
- Give him a card
- Make his favourite meal
- Wear his favourite outfit of yours, or perhaps nothing at all ;)
- Give him a long massage
- Take him out to something he loves to do
- Get a babysitter and wine and dine him
- Sit and talk
- Dance with him
- Get him something he's been wanting for a while

The ideas are limitless.

I invite you to join me in honouring our husbands next Saturday.  If you wish to play along, please feel free to use this badge I made up on your own blog.  I made it an award because we really are thanking them for being OUR HoH.  The ones that love us, honour us, protect us, guide us, free us, discipline us, and are just there for us.  That should be awarded I feel. :)


Now, before I did this, I looked around and could not find that there already is one, and checked with a long time blogger to see if they had heard of one. If there is, please forgive me for stepping on toes.

Have a wonderful day everyone. :)

34 comments:

  1. What a BRILLIANT idea! I will participate!
    honey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, honey, glad to have you along. :)

      Delete
  2. This is wonderful Es May!! What a great idea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jennelle, glad you like. :)

      Delete
  3. Cowgirl used to do HOH appreciation days every week with her husband Blue. But it wasn't a blog thing. Barney will be working, but good luck to you all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry you won't be together on Saturday. Feel free to do it another day if you'd like to play along. :) And an HoH day weekly sounds coo. :)

      Delete
  4. That's a great idea. I love it! We're travelling on Valentine's Day with the kids and two extras so it'll be a little different for us that weekend so I'm looking forward to starting the celebration early.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day as well. :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Es May, this is a wonderful idea! I'm not sure if I will be able to do the post, or at least on the intended day, but definitely intend to participate :)

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad Roz. :) It does not need to be on the same day, the goal is to show our love and appreciation for our guys. :) {{{hugs}}}

      Delete
  6. This is a great idea Es May, I don't have a blog yet but I would still like to participate!
    Love,
    Scarlet ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Scarlet, you don't need a blog to show your hubby your thanks. :) :) Glad you are joining in. :)

      Delete
  7. I'm chiming in with the rest -- great idea, Es May! Now I just have to remember to do it.....lol. I know.....I'll put it in my planner :)

    Hugs,
    Sadie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HEhe, I need to remember to get me a planner, I'm realizing more and more how much I need one. :) {{{hugs}}}

      Delete
  8. Hey Es May....I would happily participate if Matthew was still here. As it is, I will simply say...I think this is a lovely idea.

    Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. {{{hugs}}} Thank you Cat. You are one special lady, and I am truly sorry if this post caused you any pain. {{{hugs}}}

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the lovely compliment Es May...no apologies necessary...this post didn't cause me pain...just made me happy for my blog land family.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
    3. {{{hugs}}} Thank you, Cat. Your love and generosity truly humble me at times, and make me want to strive to be a better person. Thank you for all that you have come to mean to us. :) {{{hugs}}}

      Delete
  9. Yes! This is a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great idea Es May. Very strange because I am half way through a writing a post I was going to put up, but now I will save it as the very topic is The Sudden Acquisition of an HOH, and would fit in very well.

    Hugs
    Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH, Ami, I'm really excited to see that post now. :) Sounds good. :) {{{hugs}}}

      Delete
  11. Love it EsMay. We both work in our business on Saturday, but will plan on making Sunday my hubby's special day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Catherine, I think that is a wonderful idea. :) It's not the day that matters, but the gift you're giving him with your thanks. :)

      Delete
  12. I'm so excited for this!! I don't blog so I can't create a post, but I'll write up something for him to read. My mind is already spinning with ideas since he doesn't have to work that night. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, it is great that you still will do this. :) It's for anyone, blog or not. :) But if you do find you want to share with us how it went, I can put it in my post after your day. :)

      Delete
  13. You are too cute! This is such a fun idea. :) I'm not sure what I'll be doing Saturday but will certainly try and post as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment, Kenzie. :) And hope you can join along. :)

      Delete
  14. Hi Es May, for some reason, your blog isn't on my blog roll anymore. I will have to fix that. I love your idea, our HOH's do so much for us and deserve this day and so much more.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kim, I have been having that problem as well. :) I worry I've forgotten someone at times, and I'd feel horrible if I did. :(

      Delete

Please feel free to leave any comments, but I do ask you to be kind. We go into this with eyes wide open after months of prayer, and a peace in our hearts that this is the right choice before God for our marriage. I am open to questions from those who wonder why we made this choice, but I would ask for no personal attacks. Thank you. :)

Troll comments and spam will be deleted.