Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Does Not Equal No?

So, as you know, in the submissive exercises I listed last week, one was to avoid saying no.  And usually I am very good at doing this, but then tonight I almost slipped!  And maybe this still counts as slipping.  LOL

We are with company, and so the Duke can't really call me out on it, but I do wonder what happens when he gets me alone tomorrow... *GULP*

We are storm stayed at friends tonight.  The Duke just looked out not long ago and said that the snow had stopped, and there was still snow on the roads.  But the way he said it, it sounded like he wanted to head home.  Now, in this one area, we're backwards in our roles.  The Duke is the less experienced driver, can read in the car, and prefers to ride shotgun.  Yeah, goes against our blog header a bit, lol.  I can't read in the car, tend to like to drive instead, and am more experienced, so we just naturally have me drive whenever we're together.

Anyway, when he said that, I looked at him and said "Are you asking if I'll drive us home tonight?  Because my answer will be 'Not Yes'".  I have a feeling that might still count as a no?

Part me actually hope it does... I'm feeling a disconnect, a distancing from the Duke, and I don't like it.  I know it's just because it's been a busy week and I'm fighting what I think is a sinus infection, but I miss feeling the security his leading brings me, and being away for two days makes it harder too.  I've gotten out of the habit in the week I've been sick of changing into dresses when I get home, of making the bed before I leave for work, of exercising, and this makes me feel lazy, and like I'm failing.

I am trying to tell myself that I'm needing the rest, and as I sit here now, I am fighting a chill I caught being out in the storm today, it couldn't be avoided, and I am covered in several layers and a thick blanket.  With how sick I was last year, I need to fight a couple of infections on my own so I can to build up my immunity again.  But I still wish I could be doing more.  So in the mean time, I'll half hope that he counts that "Not Yes" as a NO and help me back into a good space. :)

If he doesn't mention it, I'll go and admit to needing a spanking, and maybe will even do so before bed tonight so that he knows for tomorrow.  We go to a wake for a good friend's mother tomorrow night, so we'll be late getting home, but I think we'll still have time before it's my bedtime. 

I hope you're all having a good week. :)

16 comments:

  1. I hope you don't feel like you're failing! Doing what you do is hard at any time, but if you're not feeling well, it's perfectly normal that you'd be frazzled. One way or another he'll get you back in the right space, though would you really while staying at friends? I'm glad you're not driving on bad roads tonight. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did wait until we got home, I don't think I'd ever want him to correct me while we were at someone else's home. :) And I am getting a head of the cold, I think, though I'm still very tired. But tomorrow I can sleep in and rest! :)

      Delete
  2. Es May dear...in most cases, I would agree that a 'not yes' would constitute a 'no' and would violate your submission exercise. However, in this instance, it is an appropriate answer. If you are coming down with something, you don't need to be driving on snowy roads at night. You need to get to bed and try to sleep off the infection. Face the roads tomorrow in the daylight with a good nights sleep.

    Sending lots of healing energy your way!

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cat. You are right, I really needed to be resting that night. The Duke was just talking to me and told me that he did not see that as disrespect at all, and that he would not have ever punished me for it. He did give me the reconnection spanking I needed though, which was so great to have. :) {{{hugs}}}

      Delete
  3. Oh Es May.. I am sorry that you are sick. The Not Yes, is okay for this, but ya need to tell the Duke how you feel. (This is when I get good girl spankings instead of punished...) If I tell The Man, let him know then I don't let it go too far and end up punished.. Now rest and feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dana, and oh so true. Actually, telling the Duke when I need a spanking is something I've really grown in, sometimes I don't realize I need one, but when I do, I do try to admit it to him. :) And I'm hoping to keep getting better. :)

      Delete
  4. Aw Es May, I'm sorry you are sick. I do love that you said "not yes" instead of "No" :) I agree that in this case it is ok. Far better to negotiate the snowy roads in daylight and you definitely need some sleep.

    You are not failing my dear. Busy weeks, being away and being sick on top all take a toll and can also make us feel somewhat disconnected. It sounds as though you are doing the things the Duke likes you to do despite it all!

    I hope you feel better soon and that you get the connection you need. I have faith the Duke will bring you back to him :)

    (((Hugs)))
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roz, you helped me put it all into perspective, thank you. You're right, and I needed to see that, I did have a lot going on, and that does make things a bit more difficult to juggle. We did have the reconnect spanking, and it was just what I needed, well more the cuddle time afterwards, but you know what I mean. :) {{{HUGS}}}

      Delete
  5. Hope you are better soon. Love the 'not yes' idea. I know how a disconnect feels, so hope you ght that spanking pronto.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, abby, I did admit to him before we fell asleep that night that I thought I needed a spanking once we got home. We weren't in the door five minutes before we were in the bedroom with him getting the pocket paddle out and using it on me. It was just what I needed. {{{hugs}}}

      Delete
  6. Feel better soon Es May! I'm sorry that you're feeling so disconnected..it's a awful feeling, but I'm also in amazement that you would go to him and tell him what you need a spanking. That is so awesome, open, and honest! That's the total opposite of failing!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, Jennelle, if you told me this time last year that I would ever do that, I would have probably thought you were crazy. But I have learned there is a submissiveness in admitting to needing his help through a spanking, and when I do it, I feel that peaceful submission start to flow through me. And thank you, I guess looking at it like that, I am not failing as bad as I felt I was. {{{hugs}}}

      Delete
  7. I'm so sorry to hear you are not feeling a hundred per cent. Sounds like you need tucking up in bed with a hot water bottle and being pampered for a day or two. The spanking will still be around when you are better and up and around again. You certainly shouldn't be feeling you have failed. That is naughty!

    Many hugs
    Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Ami, I LOVE HOW YOU THINK! :) The Duke is sitting beside me right now, and I just showed him what you wrote... should I be offended that he laughed? LOL Or more offended that he didn't jump right up and grab the hot water bottle???? ;) And you are right, the spanking really did help. :) {{{hugs}}}

      Delete
  8. Aww I hope you feel better soon! Get lots of rest if that is possible! I don't think in this case a not yes is the same as no because it was probably too unsafe to drive in that snow. Just whisper in Duke's ear that you need to reconnect and he will probably love that you did that. I know SM loves when I tell him I need one.

    Hugs
    sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did admit before bed that night that when we got home the next night I needed a spanking, and he really was proud of me for admitting that. It was good to make him proud. :) {{{hugs}}}

      Delete

Please feel free to leave any comments, but I do ask you to be kind. We go into this with eyes wide open after months of prayer, and a peace in our hearts that this is the right choice before God for our marriage. I am open to questions from those who wonder why we made this choice, but I would ask for no personal attacks. Thank you. :)

Troll comments and spam will be deleted.