There hasn't been a lot of eye opening revelations for me this week, but I think the Duke is finally stepping into his role, and not just stepping forward. He's becoming the Head of our Household, and not just trying to be.
Some things he's done lately just because it's becoming who he is.
1. Taken over driving when I was having a hard time
2. Told me not to swear when a bad word came out of my mouth... in all honesty, I'd just made this huge salad, it took a while, I was flat out exhausted, and then when I went to put the lid on, half the salad up ended into my silverware drawer... I mean... come on... you guys see my side in this... right??? ;)
3. He's getting unbending in my bedtime rule, which is allowed to be made earlier apparently if I'm showing signs of fatigue... I do not consider not being able to walk in a straight line a show of fatigue... just saying. ;)
4. I was getting sick one night and wanted something from the store, it was pouring outside, I was told I wasn't going, he was. But it was me that wanted something, so I told him it was okay, and I'd be right back. Boy did he put his foot down fast, telling me I was already sick and he was going to see to it that I didn't sicker.
And when I look at the past month, it's been growing and growing. Here are some things that happened throughout the past month.
5. A friend asked him and I over to hang out, only to find out at the end of the phone convo with me it sounded like we were going to some kind of sales party, but for some weird reason my friend wouldn't tell me what he was selling. My friend has bipolar, and is sometimes an easy target for those wanting to take advantage of the weak, and this REALLY bothers me. The Duke talked to him, sounds like some kind of pyramid scheme, and so the Duke spend some time talking to him, and also saying we wouldn't be interested.
6. The next door tenants were giving us a lot of grief, and so the Duke went over and handled it all for me. They'd manipulated a situation and said I'd said something that I HAD NOT said. They asked to talk to me apparently, and the Duke said they weren't going to talk to me about it, and told them exactly what I had said. When the Duke confirmed with me later to make sure I remembered right what I had said to them, I told him I could do one better, I showed him the email I had sent all the info in. It was so good he backed me up. I did feel hurt slightly that he had to check back with me, but I understand his doing so as well, and he never once let that on with the tenants, thank goodness.
7. I have been getting more quick spankings, like 10-20 on the spot spanks to show he's serious about something when I don't quite think he is.
8. When we were camping, something upset him, normally he'd never tell me, and I'd never know, but this time he did. I felt bad, but it's showing me a way in which I can help avoid frustrating him again.
So nothing major to report, but it is nice to see the Duke settling in, and not just trying to live this lifestyle, but actually living it and it becoming something we just do, and don't have to work so hard at now. He even told me today he's feeling more like it's who we are now. This week or two, the Duke has really had a lot click in his head, I can see it. He's also hugging and cuddling me more... so not complaining about that. :)
Hope you are having a good week. :)