So, I'm making myself a challenge, and I'm inviting you all to join in! :)
I never thought of myself as a quitter, but I am. In so many areas of my life I push forward, no matter what. But I have found two areas in my life where I do not do this.
I am a quitter at chores.
I am a quitter at exercise.
I am, and even if I get done the amount expected of me in my chores by the Duke, I still don't come close to where I know it needs to be. If he says clean the living room, I'll do a quick tidy some days, knowing that is okay with him. Me, I see the dusting I left undone, the pile of papers on the desk that should have been sorted, the three bags of knitting I should have put away. He'll see that I swept, tidied, put the pillows in order on the sofas, folded up the blankets and put them over the backs of the sofa. But I know I should fully do the job. I am working at this, and getting better. :)
But exercise? I'm so much worse. I'm feeling sick, I skip it. I'm tired, I skip it. I feel down, I skip it. I have a headache, I skip it. I'm busy, I skip it. So, as you can see, basically if the sun is out, or not, I skip it. I'm breathing or not, I skip it. :( I am SOOOO bad at exercising. I used to be really good. I'd walk two hours a day regardless of anything else. Since losing my son, no. I hate exercising. I need to change.
So, I'm giving myself a challenge after talking with Willie tonight. (Thank you, Willie!)
So I told her about needing to exercise, about how bad I am at getting motivated, and she told me about a program she'd done where you let other people know about your goal. So, I'm stating my goal here. We also tossed ideas around on how to stay motivated, and I'll share those too. :)
Calling this My Spring Fling Challenge
My Goal will be to get serious about exercising and I will have a set goal of weight to lose.
1. It will last for 10 weeks starting this Monday.
2. I will have certain exercise goals each week to accomplish - aiming for five goals a week
3. The Duke wants me to have a chart to keep track of my progress
-Willie suggested I ask for stickers if I have to have a chart, he agreed! hehehe
4. The Duke will give me a reward if I accomplish my tasks each week, his choice of reward
5. Each Monday I have to put down what my goal for exercise and weight loss is at the end of the ten weeks, and tell you all how far I've come in meeting both, and be honest if I've cheated, or missed any exercise days. I am holding myself accountable to myself, to the Duke, and to all of you! :)
- The Duke will also punish me if I cheat. I was going to get him to punish me on weeks I don't lose weight, but he did not think that was fair. So it'll be for days I cheat or don't exercise.
I want to invite anyone out there that has been meaning to meet a goal in their lives to join me. We can all have our own "My Spring Fling Challenge" or just "Spring Fling Challenge", and have ten weeks to meet it. This also gives you the weekend to think over how to execute this goal. It can be for exercise or weight loss like me, or it can be for something else in your life you are struggling to over come. We as a community can be here behind you to help you meet it, to support you, and cheer you on.
I'd really love to have anyone that wishes to join me in this to let me know. :) I'd love to be supporting you as you support me. Or I hope you'll help support me. ;) So if you want to join, I can't wait to see what you write about on Monday. Please invite any and all DD blog friends to join along. :)
We can do this, and I can't wait to do it with you all. :)
So, starting on Monday I'll tell you the exact goals I have to lose weight and exercise, and then I'll write every Monday to tell you how far I've come. I hope you'll all help cheer me on when it gets tough. Yep, I'm that selfish. :) But honest, I'd love your support. Truly.