Thursday, February 14, 2013

Weird Maintenance + 6 F.ree E.books

I thought I'd share about my maintenance a few nights ago... still trying to process it all, and not sure where I am with it.  I wasn't expecting maintenace.  When my days off changed last week, my husband waited until my days off, so I thought that is how it would be this week.  But it wasn't.  I hadn't prepared myself.  I actually think this is good, it makes me submit more to his will.  But I couldn't get into the head space.

And then afterwards, very uncharacteristic for me, I became a bit snarky.  Not mean, but just pushing buttons, which I never do.  I think it's because I was beyond tired.  I couldn't keep my eyes open, I couldn't even stand up straight!  My husband told me to go to bed even though it wasn't my bed time, and I kept finding ways to distract him and stay up.  But I felt really bad, but yet seemed unable to stop myself.  Finally he ordered me to bed, and then watched me get ready for bed to make sure I listened.  He came into the bathroom with me, watched me go, brush my teeth, wash my face, followed me to the bedroom to watch me take my meds for my cold, take my vitamins, and after it was all done, he tucked me in and kissed me goodnight.  Okay, the being tucked in was awesome.  But it did feel weird to have him watching over me get ready for bed. 

I think I might have liked it... but I'm still not sure.  I feel like when you're trying a vastly different food than you've ever tried before.  Texture, taste, temperature, all different than you are used to.  So you sit there, roll it over your tongue, try to find out if the taste is appealing, or if you actually really don't like it.  So that is me today.  I think I liked it... it was nice having the attention, but the feeling that maybe he thought I wouldn't follow through, bothers me a bit.  I think I've done something to make him question if I'll listen or not.

Yesterday when leaving for work he double checked with me several times to make sure I'd feed the cats, and then called before he stepped in to work to make sure again.  He also asked me several times before I even got out of bed if I'd remember to do the laundry.  It's not like him to do this, and so I somehow feel I've missed something he's asked me to do.  I'll have to ask him that tomorrow night.  I don't want to bring it up tonight and possibly put a dent in on Valentine's Day.  If there is something, I'll need him to tell me, because I honestly have no idea what it is.

F.ree E.books - Here are SIX books (must be because it's Vday) that are free today if you'd like to take a look at them, but as always, if you want them for free, you might just want to take a quick look to make sure they still say $0.00. :)  Just because prices can change on amazon without notice.  I really liked the idea of the first book, it is an intimacy devotional, and it says it even suggests one for the bathtub.  LOL  I tend to look for mostly Christian books, so the first four of the six are, the last two are normal type books. :)  I hope that does not offend anyone, and I'm truly sorry if it does.  I really struggled with putting the third book listed in, I kept going to not put it in, but kept feeling I was supposed to. Hope the feeling was right, and not my brain. ;)

As usual, I haven't had time to read these books yet myself as they usually are only free for a day, so I can't vouch for them being good or not, but thought I'd share in case they help anyone out there. :)  The last one might help anyone not knowing how to celebrate tonight on a budget, if you plan to celebrate. :)

Songs in the Key of Solomon: In the Word and In the Mood - Anita and John Renfroe

Finding Focus On Relationships - Marcus D. King

Cheer Up Your Wife - Aleathea Dupree  (this is the one I was iffy about)

You Can Have A Happy Family: Steps to Enjoying Your Marriage and Children - Amanda Beth, Steven Sawyer, Lisa Lickel

Happily Married With Kids: It's Not a Fairy Tale - Carol Ummel Lindquist Ph.D.

35 Cheap Date Ideas: Creative Ideas For Romance on a Budget

18 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day Es May! The being tucked in sounds really sweet actually. I hope you get over your cold soon and are feeling better. Thanks for the ebook links! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Valentine's Day to you too! :) Hehehe... you know, it was sweet. It was the one thing I REALLY liked about it. :) I hope I get over it too, two months now... really, how long can it last? I feel I shouldn't have even asked that!? lol And I'm glad you like the links... I worried when I started putting them up if it was a good idea, but I love reading about marriage, and learning what I can. The odd book is off its rocker, but mostly there is something good to be learned from each book. :) I hope to do premarital counselling in my church after a few more years of marriage. :)

      Delete
  2. aww...being tucked in..how wonderful! Happy Valentines Day Es May :)

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and Happy Valentine's Day to you too! :)

      Delete
  3. I love being tucked in :) it feels completely awesome and safe.

    Callie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admitted to him tonight that if he wanted to make it a habit, I wouldn't object. ;) And you are right, that is exactly how I felt. :)

      Delete
  4. Oh EsMay
    It's sweet, he cares a lot about you. Being tucked in sounds nice. Enjoy it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think he kind of likes me. ;) Being tucked in was wonderful, I won't lie. :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Es May, Hope you had a lovely Valentines Day :) I think it's lovely he tucked you in.

    You know, it's not uncommon to be a bit feisty sometimes after a spanking. I have certainly done that and I think it's all to do with feeling safe and cared for perhaps. Possibly a bit of release too post spanking.

    I think his checking in is his way of protecting and caring for you. Not because he thinks you will forget to do something or not follow through with instructions.

    I hope you get rid of the cold soon.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Roz. :) I wish it were that, but sadly I think it was that I couldn't get into the right head space, so I was more annoyed than released. :( Not sure what happened.

      You know, he read my blog last night, and told me that, that he was doing it to help me and care for me, not to make me feel like he didn't believe I would do it. So that really helped. :)

      Delete
  6. Anything new in ttwd can feel a bit tricky and it sounds like your poor head is a bit overwhelmed with being tired and a bit under the weather.

    Could he make you a list and leave it somewhere that you can "check" things off when you've done them? Then all the reminders wouldn't play on you in a negative way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That could totally be it. I just wish I could get over this cold. Have had it for two months now, and it is really draining me. :( We talked last night, and he told me that his reminders were out of love, and he totally believed I'd get them done. So that really helped. So we'll see how I handle it next time, and if it bothers me, I'm so going to ask him to have a list instead. :)

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the book links, that's awesome that you do that! It's very much appreciated :)

    And as far as maintenance, not so weird really. Think about the purpose of maintenance..it is an affirmation of roles, who is the leader, the HoH, and who submits to his authority? So while it was not what you are used to, he exerted his authority, you submitted gracefully, and it left you in a soft and submitted frame of mind. Sounds like pretty successful maintenance to me ;)

    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am glad that you like the books. :) And hope some of them were still free for you when you went to get them. :)

      I think that may be why I couldn't settle, he is the leader, but he's been a little lax on follow through, I've only had a couple of punishment spankings in the past three months, so we talked last night and will talk some more about how to be consistent in calling me on it when I disobey. I don't intentionally, but I need to have the follow through even then.

      Delete
  8. Hi Hun
    Sorry late again. Just don't know what I've done the last couple of days lol
    I hope you feeling better. I get a bit sulky and/or feisty sometimes after a spanking. Usually I get put back otk at this stage :(
    But I do think its normal. I've read others mention it before.

    I think your hubs is just trying to help you remember your chores. I get the thousand question and answer when he get home from work.:)
    Chin up we're all still very new to this life and still learning, we as well a our HOHs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will it make you feel better or worse if I were to tell you that you aren't late? ;) *scroll up* ;)

      I just asked my husband about what you said here, and he and I are going to talk it over more. I think I might need the same, to go otk again.

      I am glad my hubby is not the only one that double checks the chores! *WHEW* hehehe, and it's true, it's a learning process for both, and that helps a lot to remember that. :) Thank you for the reminder, I sometimes forget.

      Delete
  9. Lol I'm telling you, don't know where my head is, I must have had a quick look and posted quickly and forgot.
    It's old age, it's getting to me lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe, no worries. It gets us all, even at the best of times. ;)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave any comments, but I do ask you to be kind. We go into this with eyes wide open after months of prayer, and a peace in our hearts that this is the right choice before God for our marriage. I am open to questions from those who wonder why we made this choice, but I would ask for no personal attacks. Thank you. :)

Troll comments and spam will be deleted.