Thursday, January 04, 2018

New Toy Box. So Excited. :)

So, a while ago, 4 months to the day to be exact, I wrote about getting some trays to help us organize our "toys" and was then going to find a box to store and lock them in.  That post is HERE. Well, I haven't forgotten my promise to let you guys see what that box looks like.  It's just that it took us this long to find something that would work.  As it was, I had to take the extensions off the trays, and let them be their own trays because I couldn't find any chest/trunk wide enough.  So now we have 4 trays, to hold our implements/paddles, toys and some of our literature.  Things we don't want family finding.  Which, with a little one growing up, and parents now in the house, and in laws visiting often and using our room when they do, was a REAL worry.

I once was babysitting when the two year old boy brought out a dildo.  At the time, I was in my early 20's, I'd never seen such a thing.  I was horrified! :P  He was pleased as punch at his find, even though he had no idea what it was. :P  I would not like a repeat performance done in my life with anyone in my house! :)  Should I also mention he found their Kama Sutra complete with real life pictures, at least THREE different times while I was babysitting!  Even though they kept hiding it in different places. LOL  He thought it was the funniest thing.  Probably not because he understood the pictures.  It was probably more my reaction to it.  Oh, how little I knew. lol


So here it is.  All secure.  Locked up.  Only the Duke and I know the combination.  I feel so much freer now.  I know that family is going to ask what is in it.  They already have asked why we were looking around for a storage box.  But they need to learn that we deserve to have some privacy.  It looks like it's metal, but it's actually wood painted to look that way.  It's nice and sturdy, and looks better in real life than I could capture on the camera. :)

We've been doing DD for five years, it's about time we had a safe place for everything. :)  It looks big, but is just over a foot and a half across the front.  Nice and tiny, but big enough to fold a blanket and have it sit on top. :)

8 comments:

  1. Hi Esmay, we too have a natty leather boxfor all our toys. It is locked and as it is in our bedroom it is not really commented on. Hope you have lots of fun with all it's contents.
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I'm sure we will, especially the Duke. :) Thanks, Jan. :)

      Delete
  2. I love it..looks great! M and I met after our kids were grown. hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. abby, technically, at my age, my kids should be grown. :P I'll be 40 in a few months. But I got started late. :)

      Delete
  3. What a lovely box, ExMay. If the parents ask what's in the box, just smile and change the subject. ;)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep thinking I will, but part of me really just wants to look at them and say "What if it were whips and chains, what would you say?" LOL That isn't what we have, (not against them) but I'd love to see their jaws drop. :P

      Delete
  4. Hi EsMay, Sorry I am a little late, I have been awol for a bit. Glad you managed to find a toy box. It looks awesome :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you take a break when you need to. :) Never feel the need to apologize for that, especially to me. :) Heck, I was once away for like 5 months. :P

      Delete

Please feel free to leave any comments, but I do ask you to be kind. We go into this with eyes wide open after months of prayer, and a peace in our hearts that this is the right choice before God for our marriage. I am open to questions from those who wonder why we made this choice, but I would ask for no personal attacks. Thank you. :)

Troll comments and spam will be deleted.