Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A Too Short Dress

I caught up on blogs last night, so did not get to my comments, sorry.  But I will tonight as long as all goes as planned. :)

The Duke has been letting me not change into a dress when I get home because I've been sick since he made the rule.  But this week he let me know that was going to change.  So I washed up my dresses, and being too tired to hang them, put them in the dryer.  I did not realize that my second favorite dress could not be dried! :(  So yesterday he told me that I was going to start changing into dresses when I got home.  I slip the dress on, and it was A LOT shorter.  As in, it buttons all the way down the front and the bottom button was above my crotch. :(  The ribbon at the back that sat at my waist was now half way up my back. :(

I felt horrible.  It was a gift from the woman I call mom.  I felt horrible too because money is tight right now, usually is, and we don't have money to just throw away on me destroying clothes.  It said right on the label not to dry it, but I never look at lables.  I always wash clothes in cold water and hang them, so there really is no need.  But this time, there was.

The Duke told me after a while that I needed a spanking for it.  I told him it was an accident.  He let me know that he knew this, but he also knew I needed to let go of the guilt, and felt that a spanking would do this for me.  So over his lap I went.  He spanked fast and hard, I literally thought he had a paddle in his hand, he DID NOT.  I told him cheekily that if he could spank like that with his bare hand, I was hiding the paddles!!! :)

The spanking helped a bit... I realize now I should have asked for more, but tonight is maintenance I think, and so I think I'll talk to him about it then.  But it did help.  And I do know that he isn't upset with me for this mistake.  He also said that we can go to a second hand shop some time in the next couple of weeks and see if I can find a dress I like as he'd like me to have a few more.  Ruining that one means I have three now, and one skirt.  I think he'd like me to have at least five dresses.

Oh, and to show you more of the Duke's humour.  I needed some more chicken from the store down the street.  He asked if I was going to change first.  I said yes, I was not going to go down the street in a dress that didn't cover anything! {It was only him and I here so I didn't change out of the dress until bedtime}  He then said, "Of course you can't go like that, you need to put your shoes on before you go outside." and then smiled at me cheekily as if that was the only thing I had to fix before leaving the house. :)

The stinker.  But then he offered to go for me so that I could finish preparing the meals for the week I was working on.  I had stuff in the rice cooker, in the oven and the crock pot going, so it was so sweet of him to offer to go for me. :)

I hope you all have a good week, and I loved your comments and will get to them tonight.  PK, I'm going to have to make sure I'm ready for your comments from now on, lol, I literally ended up choking, I was laughing so hard at yours from yesterday.  lol

26 comments:

  1. Sorry about the dress mishap. It has happened to me many times, Glad you are feeling better and the Duke took away your guilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dresses should all be washable and dryable, those are my opinions, then we'd save so much money and clothes. :)

      Delete
  2. Es May

    Not sure where you live but here we have Goodwill which has very good prices! For example skirts are less than $4 and dresses are about $6. I hope you can find some nice things wherever you go. :) Last year when SM told me to start wearing skirts everyday I only owned one. My mom gave me a few more to start and I have bought the rest either on clearance (like Monday I got a dress on clearance at my favorite shop for $13 and a skirt for $12) or at thrift stores, or Goodwill. I now have almost 30 skirts and about 5 dresses. We live on a tight income too so I understand the need to be careful with finances! Sorry about your dress. It's great the Duke wasn't upset but was still willing to help you with your guilt. I can SO relate to that!

    love
    sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have good will, but something very close to it. In Canada we have Salvation Army, and it sells second hand clothes and items for a really low price, and the proceeds go to the poor, and various charities. :) So hopefully we'll get there in the next few days to look around. :) I'll have to scout for bargains like you, as well. :)

      Delete
  3. Hmmm save the dress, bet you could put it to good use at certain other times.....glad the Duke knew how to help with the guilt. I agree, it's all in the timing...but Goodwill can be a great shopping experience.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, yes, we could use it at certain other times. ;) I'll have to check out the second hand places here soon. :) Hopefully in the next few days. :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Esmay, worse things happen at sea sweetie. It was an accident, I am sure mom will forgive you. I wear dresses most of the time so I have built up a collection now but when money is tight I always feel guilty too if something like this happens. I hope you soon find some to add to your selection
    love Jan.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, :) I don't have many dresses, and don't see me ever wearing them full time, but then again, if you told me a year ago I'd try to wear dresses in the evening and weekends for the Duke, I probably would have laughed. :)

      Delete
  5. Dear Es May,
    Sorry you ruined your dress-that stinks! Especially when it was gift from someone you love : (. We have Goodwill & Savers by us & there are always lots of very good deals there-I don't have any rules about what I have to WEAR, I have rules about what I have to take OFF lol. My husband wants me to be underwear-less whenever we are home for the night lol.....he hasn't really been enforcing it lately though. & I have been slacking.... Sigh.... It's just hard because it's not just the two of us-although if it were I think he would want me in even less lol! Anyway sorry if that was too much of an over share ; )
    Love,
    Scarlet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL... well maybe it's good then that you don't have the house to yourselves. ;) Unless of course, you would like to wear as little as possible. ;)

      Delete
  6. Hello Es May, I am sorry about the ruined dress, if such things happen to me, I usually end up with being angry about myself for days, or until stopped by hubby in just the same way that the Duke used on you. I think it is great that he could help you to let go, because that is so important. And I am very glad that you did not sell him, too :)

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Nina, isn't it great that they can step up and help us out so much? I am so thankful that he helped me. :)

      Delete
  7. Sorry about the dress, I am the same with laundry. I usually make a point of only buying things that I can wash and dry normally so that I don't have to think about it. How nice that your man knew how to help you. Although a new dress won't replace the sentimental value of the ruined one, at least you get to go shopping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to make sure to do that, and look at all tags before buying now. :) Thanks for the great idea. :) And yes, it will be fun to get some new dresses, I hope, lol.

      Delete
  8. I'm sorry about your dress. That's so frustrating. Can you do anything cute with it as a tunic or a top?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, a tunic is a good idea... it's got beading on it, so not sure, but now I really want to try to see. :)

      Delete
  9. I'm sorry about your dress, maybe throw a pair of leggings on with it!? I've ruined more clothes than anyone, it's so frustrating especially when money is tight. Glad Duke pulled you back from those unnecessary guilty feelings!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, maybe it would look okay with leggings, I'll have to try that, and if that doesn't work, try the tunic. :) And yes, I'm so glad to be guilt free. :)

      Delete
  10. Aww Es May...so sorry about your dress. :( Kudos to the Duke for helping you dispel the guilt. Hope you can find some cute skirts/dresses for little cost.

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Cat, hoping to go shopping in the next couple of nights to see. :) :)

      Delete
  11. Awwww that stinks about the dress! I've had things like that happen to me before and I hate losing clothes to mistakes like that. I grew up a tomboy and refused to wear dresses, hated them in fact. Now I wish I felt more comfortable in them because my Guy likes me in them and wants me to be more feminine. I just think I always look chubby when I wear dresses, so I shy away from them. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I used to think I looked chubby and bad in them too, but the Duke loves how I look in them, and seeing him so happy makes me happy. :) So now I'm kind of glad to wear them. LOL Kind of. ;)

      Delete
  12. Hi Es May, I'm sorry about the dress. That stinks :( Some great suggestions from Abby and Leah.

    I'm so glad the Duke wasn't upset about it, but was willing to help you deal with the guilt. I really hope you can find some more skirts and dresses that you love at a good price.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad he wasn't upset too. :) And I will have to try those ideas. :) Shopping soon I hope, so hopefully we'll find some good prices. :)

      Delete
  13. I agree with saving the dress and putting it to other use! I hope you find some great things when you go shopping. I think it's great how Duke used your DD relationship to help you move on from this. It's something I how my relationship with Tom can evolve to someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I didn't know he'd know how to do this, I'm not sure we have before, and if we have, I don't remember it, but it is great that he helped me in this way, and that he even knew that it would help. I hope you guys get to this someday as well. :)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave any comments, but I do ask you to be kind. We go into this with eyes wide open after months of prayer, and a peace in our hearts that this is the right choice before God for our marriage. I am open to questions from those who wonder why we made this choice, but I would ask for no personal attacks. Thank you. :)

Troll comments and spam will be deleted.