I read the other day on a post about how in DD land, we don't really get to know each other like we would otherwise. We share our lives about DD, but not necessarily much outside of it.
It got me to thinking, and I'd like to introduce myself. It's still nothing that will tell you who I am exactly, but things about me. I'm boring, lol, so you may find this post absolutely boring. :)
*I did have more facts up here, but wanted to remain anonymous in case someone I know finds this blog later, so only had them up for the day. So if you saw a fact that you can't find now, that is why. :)*
- I'm an expert knitter. You name it, I can knit it. I love to knit.
- I'm a medium level crocheter. I can crochet anything with a diagram, cannot do so with a pattern. LOL Can't seem to learn to read the darn things.
- I do scrapbooks for friends and for my church. I love them, they can be so pretty.
- I have a lot of friends, but only a few close ones, one who I can tell about everything... except DD.
- I am very involved in my church. I love the work. :)
- I like to make pinatas, the harder the shape, the more fun I have trying to put it together.
- I like to decorate cakes.
- I like to play video games when I get a chance. Sims, Sims 2, War Craft 2, Age of Empires, Pop Cap games, Bowep games, etc, and when I was single, was addicted to Ultima Online. I also have every Nintendo gaming system except the very newest one, and even though I don't get to play much, love to play them when I can.
- I keep secrets to the grave, except from my husband.
- I love Christian rock. My favourite is Casting Crowns. But also love music by MercyMe, Tenth Avenue North, Toby Mac, Steven Curtis Chapman, Jeremy Camp, Newsboys, etc.
- I've never smoked, never done drugs, and probably only have a drink 2-4 times a year.
- Love movies. Romance, Action, Thriller, but not horror or raunchy.
- I love to throw parties, and love that my friends love to come to them.
- I have a serious weakness for cheesecake. I honestly RARELY allow it in the house because I just can't stop eating it once I start!
- I sometimes worry about being accepted, but am unwilling to pretend to be someone else... so it's hard to always find the balance. I also struggle with feeling useful or needed.
- I'm short, and my husband doesn't like me standing on chairs to reach stuff, but he also loves me to need to ask for his help reaching stuff, so he sometimes puts things on the top shelf so I have to ask him to get it for me! STINKER! lol
- I know a lot of random facts, and yet know very little about the world outside of North America.
- I have a good sense of humour, but prefer the jokes/funny things to be clean and not too raunchy.
- I LOVE LOVE LOVE being in nature. Put me in the woods (with no bears or cougars! And even no Moose!) and near a river or stream and I could easily dream the day away. It's also when I feel closest to God, and closest to who I really am.
So that's me, there is more, I'm sure, but that is what I could think of off the top of the hat. Boring, but it's who I am. :) I'd love to learn about you too if you ever want to share, even if it's just a thing or two. We have a busy week this weekend at work, and I have to work extra hours, so if I'm not on, I hope you have a great weekend! I'll catch up with all of your posts on Tuesday at the latest. :) I can't wait to see what you've all been up to. :)